Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

I followed the guide to install Snow Leopard on an Intel PC and have gotten stuck one of the early steps. When I take out the iBoot disc, I insert the Snow Leopard dvd which will then eject on its own a couple times before it actually takes, then press f5 to refresh and proceed to the install screen. This is where I get stuck, I hit enter and all I get is the apple logo followed by a a message that says "You need to restart you're computer, please press and hold the button down until your computer powers down". I have tried -x for safe mode but it just sounds like its searching the DVD for a about a minute or so and then the same error pops up. I have also checked all my bios settings (achi etc.) and everything seems alright. Any help is appreciated.

Setup -
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale @ 3.00Ghz
Motherboard: Intel DG33TL
Memory: 4GB OCZ (2x1GB & 1x2GB)
HDD: Seagate 7200RPM 500GB
Graphics: MSI nVidia GTX460 Cyclone
CD/DVD: Sony DVDRW DL

Other than that I am using a Logitech G9x USB Mouse and a generic USB hp keyboard. Also, I use the CD/DVD drive on a daily basis - so it may be safe to say that it is not the issue. A bad disc perhaps?

Thanks for reading! :wave:

i have sony dvd rom to its not doing what urs is. have you updated firmware lately. it should be a nec this is odd behavior.try using different dvd rom .ide dual layer will work too. make shure to install via sata/ide kext or system profiler wont see your rom after install. try -x-v to see what the kp is or -v-x take screen shot if possible

I have been bummed with the same problem as well since the last time I tried two months ago and decided to give it another shot today but still the same results. Am going to look for a different disc and try again tomorrow.

stehor said:
i have sony dvd rom to its not doing what urs is. have you updated firmware lately. it should be a nec this is odd behavior.try using different dvd rom .ide dual layer will work too. make shure to install via sata/ide kext or system profiler wont see your rom after install. try -x-v to see what the kp is or -v-x take screen shot if possible

I have not updated firmware recently, I can give that a shot and also submit a SS asap.

have you tried iBoot legacy? stick in boot cd wait for Chameleon prompt eject boot cd put in retail dvd and wait about 10 sec select f5 boot dvd

I have not tried iboot legacy, i will give it a shot though.

Thanks for the replies!

maverick0609 said:
I have been bummed with the same problem as well since the last time I tried two months ago and decided to give it another shot today but still the same results. Am going to look for a different disc and try again tomorrow.

Also please let me know if a different disc works for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back