Contribute
Register

Installation Help Needed: Asus P8Z68-M Pro, i7-2600k, HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.7.4 and got Kernel panic.

Rebooted via USB instead of the EFI partition, edited org....plist to add DropSSDT flag with yes and reinstalled all previously installed kexts: audio, network, fakeSMC. I already had GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates removed. I added GenerateCstates back with yes.

System is back working again. Kext reinstallation other than the patched AppleHDA was probably not needed. The kernel panic was probably fixed by the boot flag changes.

The machine has been working without any issues for over a week now on both OS-X Lion 10.7.4 and Windows 7.

Asus one click overclocking to 4.3 GHz has been applied and system boots fine and works with no stability issues.

Only lingering issues:

1) HDMI audio pops and produces lot of noise whne the laser printer is on. Will keep looking for fixes by Toleda.

2) The processor seems to have only two states: 1.6 GHz and 4.3 GHz. Will try using an SSDT when more reliable information about SSDTs becomes available.

You have to apply the fix by tonymac for K processors until something comes down the pipe line.

Hi, where did you find the patched bios for this board? Or did you make it?

I have the same board with a 2700k CPU and am looking to overclock as it would be nice to see what I can get it up and have it remain stable. Planning to do a ton of high res rendering so it would be handy.

I am running on vanilla 3702 at the moment and am showing 3.6 P-state in HWMonitor. Would an unpatched BIOS prevent me from overclocking successfully on the Mac side? Do you think patching the BIOS might mess up overclocking on the Windows side?

Thanks

Read http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=49340 for patched BIOS.

I applied the patch very early, right after I got the MB and overclocked my 2600k to 4.8GHz. The problem I am facing is that I can get only two p-states 16 & 48 and SSDT causes kernel panics.

Otherwise, everything is fine.

I get the same 2 states even under win7.

I was trying my hardest to make a custom DSDT for this same motherboard. I'm going to give it a shot since I applied the same BIOS update you did and see if I am successful.

There is a patched DSDT for this board in the repository now. When I started,it was not available.

You can get it and patch it for audio and video, if needed. If you are using onboard video with HDMI audio, I can give you mine.

I finally got the SSDT working by using MacMini 5.3 instead of 5.1.

venu2062 said:
There is a patched DSDT for this board in the repository now. When I started,it was not available.

Hi venu2062 - Do you mean a patched DSDT for the P8Z68-M pro (for bios v.3702) in the Tonymac DSDT Database, or elsewhere?

I'm having difficulty getting SpeedStep and Sleep/Wake working and looking to move to a DSDT based config. Do you have Sleep/Wake working?

And thank you for your detailed posts on your difficulties and achievements in getting your rig up and running, they helped me a lot, for which I am very grateful.

Cheers,
Marty80

Very strange. There was a blog saying that the Asus Z68 MB DSDTs are added to the data base. I found this reference on the web:

http://www.tuicool.com/articles/jUNFjq

The correpsonding entry is removed from the tonymacx86 blog:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/05/ ... -1155.html

The data base does not have the DSDTs either.

In any case, I am attaching my DSDT & SSDT here. I extracted and patched both of them. They are specific to my setup: i7-2600K, onboard HDMI audio and video.

Speedtep works with the SSDT and Macmini5,3. My i7-2600K is overclocked with a multiplier of 48 for 3 or 4 cores and 50 for 1 or 2 cores. The RAM is running at 2133MHz. When I look at the MSR log, it shows many multipliers between 32 and 50.

Sleep/Wake does not work. It does not work very well on Win 7 either.

On Lion, the machine sleeps (both on power button push and sleep timer) but fails with Kernel Panic when it is woken up (power button push).

On Win 7, the machine sleeps and wakes up but does not work well. Some times the HDMI audio fails and some times the Mouse and/or KB do not respond. It must be some H/W issue. I have logitech illuminated KB and MX Revolution BT Mouse.

Not sure why and not spending any time right now.

Attachments

• working SSDT as of Jun 16 2012.aml
    7.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Working DSDT as of May 7 2012.aml
    45.4 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back