Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi ac)
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
nVidia GTX 980 Ti
Hey Guys,

This is my 3rd Hackintosh build but I haven't been apart of the scene in a while.

Here is build:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: 3x Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

So to the issue. I cannot get the into the installation screen. Clover will boot I will get the Using Safe Mode (If I boot with the flag) and then a line of pluses (+) and nothing. Sometimes it will just hang, sometimes it will reboot. The majority of the time it will hang. I have played with a lot of boot flags trying to see if something will work and sometimes that has caused it to reboot.

Now what have I done: I have followed the Unibeast install guide, the two Z97 guides I could find: Link 1 and Link 2 and scoured the web for similar issues.

I have tried about 5 different BIOS configurations from bone stock, to the various ones recommended around the forum. I have tried two different Macbook Pros and two different USB sticks. Unibeast is 7.1.1 and Sierra has been re-downloaded a couple times on both machines in case there was an issue there. I have unplugged all my USB devices (minus Keyboard, Mouse and the USB stick). I know this board has Quick Charge USB 3.0, regular USB3.0 and USB3.1. I have tried putting it every port with no luck. Running without the GPU has been tried, one RAM stick instead of two. For all intents and purposes lets eliminate the GPU from this, because honestly I am sure I can get that working Post-Install. I just need to get macOS installed on this silly machine. :(

If you guys have any suggestions please send them my way. Also I have read the site rules again, but please let me know if I am breaking a rule or missing any information.

EDIT: I have since tried using Clover to manually make the USB. That has not helped even slightly. I still cannot get past a random reboot or the pluses.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

This is my 3rd Hackintosh build but I haven't been apart of the scene in a while.

Here is build:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor[/url]
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H110i GT 113.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: 3x Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW ACX 2.0+ Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

So to the issue. I cannot get the into the installation screen. Clover will boot I will get the Using Safe Mode (If I boot with the flag) and then a line of pluses (+) and nothing. Sometimes it will just hang, sometimes it will reboot. The majority of the time it will hang. I have played with a lot of boot flags trying to see if something will work and sometimes that has caused it to reboot.

Now what have I done: I have followed the Unibeast install guide, the two Z97 guides I could find: Link 1 and Link 2 and scoured the web for similar issues.

I have tried about 5 different BIOS configurations from bone stock, to the various ones recommended around the forum. I have tried two different Macbook Pros and two different USB sticks. Unibeast is 7.1.1 and Sierra has been re-downloaded a couple times on both machines in case there was an issue there. I have unplugged all my USB devices (minus Keyboard, Mouse and the USB stick). I know this board has Quick Charge USB 3.0, regular USB3.0 and USB3.1. I have tried putting it every port with no luck. Running without the GPU has been tried, one RAM stick instead of two. For all intents and purposes lets eliminate the GPU from this, because honestly I am sure I can get that working Post-Install. I just need to get macOS installed on this silly machine. :(

If you guys have any suggestions please send them my way. Also I have read the site rules again, but please let me know if I am breaking a rule or missing any information.

Since your problem begins after you boot your Sierra USB installer from Clover Boot Manager Screen, two things are of interest to us.
1.The Cover EFI Bootloader Version you have used if you have used the Terminal Command to create the Installer or the Unibeast Version if that is how you have created the Installer.
2. Someone should take a look at the contents of your CLOVER folder inside the Sierra USB Installer for any clue for the booting problem.
  • You may upload the CLOVER folder from your Sierra USB installer as a compressed file.
    • You will have to mount EFI partition of your USB on the Desktop using Clover Configurator -V or EFI Mounter V3 and then navigate to EFI folder to Right Click Clover >Compress >Upload to Forum
3. Last thing is about the Form rules which one can easily overlook . It is about the need to include your Hardware Specs[MoBo+CPU+GPU] in your profile. I wished it was highlighted in the rules section to catch our eyes and a link to the section where the items are edited is provided for those who read the rules to help them not to break it. I have seen this one as the most often 'broken rule' out of sheer oversight and not intentional. I have attached the image of relevant lines for you in case you have missed.

Attachments

• An Important Forum Rule..png
    An Important Forum Rule..png
    109.6 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back