Contribute
Register

Installation Guide For Using Clover on the Intel Haswell NUC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you boot with -v what messages do you get on the screen when booting from the HD?

Did you remember to have fakesmc.kext inside the kexts/10.9 folder?

D'oh.
Copied it and it boots fine

thanks for the help, I knew it would be something stupid

i can't use iCloud now, is this something common with clover? I've not googled it yet, just though I'd ask as I'm typing this and it's just popped up. I type my user name and passowrd and it says server unavailable try again (or something like that)

john

D'oh.
Copied it and it boots fine

thanks for the help, I knew it would be something stupid

i can't use iCloud now, is this something common with clover? I've not googled it yet, just though I'd ask as I'm typing this and it's just popped up. I type my user name and passowrd and it says server unavailable try again (or something like that)

john

it works for me, do you have a recovery partition? I think that might be a requirement.

@Derrick Are you in AZ by chance?
It looks like we are doing the exact same thing...

I also have the NUC D54250WYK and the setup was more of less the same and I got the same results. :beachball:

Hopefully one of us will get this resolved soon.

Chris Null
AKA Creol

No, I'm in Northern California, but it definitely seems like we were on the same project at the same time.

Okay, so I am sitting at my install and checking my EFI folder to see if there are any differences in my selected options.

Firstly, it is very possible that you may only need the drivers you listed in the "drivers64UEFI" folder, but I actually have all of these in there:CsmVideoDxe-64; EmuVariableUefi-64; OsxAptioFixDrv-64; FS-inject-64; OsxAptioFixDrv-64; OsxFatBinaryDrv-64 and VBoxHfs-64. So that seems the only difference in my drivers from yours.

i'll check on Monday, but I made the selections based on the directions at the beginning of this thread, only selecting what was listed, but i'll check the folders as IDK what the ones you listed in Bold are....

Now, it is very possible that if you are on a different bios version from me (ver 22) that you should NOT use my DSDT so I recommend you get rid of that and when you get to the Clover boot screen you boot with the option for Safe Mode (flag -x) and with luck that will get you to the desktop and you can from there extract your DSDT (using the steps outlined by WOnkeyDonkey in his thread) and then patch it.

For your information the only boot flag I use in my working install is Darkwake=10 and once you have your DSDT sorted correctly you should be able to use just that yourself, but to get started use Safe Mode.

In the KernelAndKextPatches section you need to have KernelLapic set to Yes and KernelPM also set to Yes.

If for some reason your system is not recognised by Clover in the same way (i.e. by the same name as it recognises mine) as D54250WYB then instead of using my folder name just remove that folder and instead make sure the config.plist in the main "CLOVER" folder is the same as mine, and that the Drivers and Kexts folder in the main Clover folder are correct. What I mean here is that the folder inside OEM is ONLY used if Clover has identified your system as having the name D54250WYB, if it thinks your system is not called that then it uses the default values in the CLOVER folder. This is a nice feature of Clover in that you can set a boot loader up for general and specific systems at the same time……..

Other things to check are bios settings. Ones I select on my bios version of 22 were: make sure under Devices/SATA AHCI is selected; under Devices/Video I have IGD minimum memory at 32GB (prob not important?);under Security/Security Features make sure Vt-d is UNCHECKED; and under Boot/Boot Priority I found I needed BOTH UEFI boot Priority and Legacy boot priority boxes checked.

I hope something here helps!!!

Ok, just realized that when I updated my bios it updated to 25, so that's probably a big difference then. I've got two others here that I haven't updated, so I'll either swap hardware with one of them or just follow the steps to recreate the DSDT file for my setup.

I was wondering why yours was D54250WYB when the only ones I knew of were WYK and WYKH...

I'll reconfirm my bios settings to make sure that I hadn't missed one of the necessary changes and then check what happens and get back to you. Thanks for the direction. The setup process with Clover appeared to be super simple and smooth compared to Chameleon and until I restarted after completing it, everything worked REALLY well and I was already happy with the end result, just need to get it stable and consistent. BTW, where do I go to change the Clover startup so that it won't halt waiting for a user selection?

By the way, the folder in OEM is named the way it is, because that is the name Clover calls the board - check your entry in Library/Logs/Clover/boot...log

Here is an extract from mine, see the entry I have made bold near the end:

Code:
0:100  0:100  MemLog inited, TSC freq: 1895615870
0:100  0:000  
0:100  0:000  Now is 27.4.2014,  10:51:15 (GMT+2047)
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover rev 2652 on American Megatrends EFI
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x3,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,636BB513-7EF6-4606-B5C6-A8A09885A735,0x28,0x64000) @CDE9EB18
0:100  0:000  SelfDirPath = \EFI\BOOT
0:100  0:000  Total Memory Slots Count = 2
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 0
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Speed = 1600
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Size = 4096
0:100  0:000  Type 17 Index = 1
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Speed = 1600
0:100  0:000  SmbiosTable.Type17->Size = 4096
0:100  0:000  Boot status=0
0:100  0:000  Clover revision: 2652  running on  
0:100  0:000  ... with board [B]D54250WYB[/B]
0:100  0:000  Clover load options size = 4 bytes

For Clover to use a folder inside the OEM folder it looks for the EXACT name match. So check the name in your boot log.

Hi,

I'm somewhat a newbie, and I am stuck trying to install Mavericks on a NUC D54250WYK
using the method exposed at the top of this thread (great work, indeed).

After several attempts, I was able to build an install USB stick with Clover, which is
showing 2 MBR partitions : a) a CLOVER one, with 800MB b) an "Install OS X Maverick"
one. CLOVER contains the EFI, with all the correct stuff, taken from Mariolillo's post/guide.

But, when trying to boot the NUC with the USB stick, and selecting the UEFI partition,
I get as far as the Clover Bootloader screen, with 2 main icons : a) the Clover boot,
b) the Mavericks boot. If I choose a) "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Mavericks" nothing happens, but if I choose b) "Boot Mac OS X from Mavericks", the install process begins ...
until I stop it. So, what could be wrong with my USB stick setup, or what's wrong with my boot process, please ?

Thanks in advance for any help/hint ... Best, Gilbert.

Edit A : To be more specific, here are the contents of the CLOVER partition:

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I'm somewhat a newbie, and I am stuck trying to install Mavericks on a NUC D54250WYK
using the method exposed at the top of this thread (great work, indeed).

After several attempts, I was able to build an install USB stick with Clover, which is
showing 2 MBR partitions : a) a CLOVER one, with 800MB b) an "Install OS X Maverick"
one. CLOVER contains the EFI, with all the correct stuff, taken from Mariolillo's post/guide.

But, when trying to boot the NUC with the USB stick, and selecting the UEFI partition,
I get as far as the Clover Bootloader screen, with 2 main icons : a) the Clover boot,
b) the Mavericks boot. If I choose a) "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Mavericks" nothing happens, but if I choose b) "Boot Mac OS X from Mavericks", the install process begins ...
until I stop it. So, what could be wrong with my USB stick setup, or what's wrong with my
boot process, please ?

Thanks in advance for any help/hint ... Best, Gilbert.

Edit A : To be more specific, here are the contents of the CLOVER partition:
Clover_01.jpg
And also the contents of config.plist, as seen by Clover_v2k_r2652:

Clover_02.jpg

Hope this helps.

So I worked through my noob issues finally Maverick is working beautifully on the NUC. Thank you for all the work that has been done on this!!!!:headbang:

Infrared???

One last issue... Infrared (IR)... Has anyone figured out how to make it work. I have been searching everywhere but no-one claims to have it working as far as I can tell.

It does not help that you cannot search a two letter word in most forums. (i.e. IR):roll2:

Creol

BIOS ver25 held me up for a while.. at least I think that was the issue.

Symptom:
The system hangs at the :beachball:or the other "spinning flower" when you are trying to install and after you install until you "roll-your-own".

Resolution: (I think!)

After realizing that I had a different BIOS than minihack I read up on the other thread about roll-your-own DSDT. So I gave that process a try. It is described in step 8, but what held me up for a long time was how to boot into safe mode and place the DSDT=null flag.

I am also including my DSDT.aml at the bottom of the post in case it is useful to anyone else.

Now that I know how to do it I realize it was simple.

To add the DSDT=null you need to edit the boot options manually. Arrow down to the Options line and hit Enter. The “_” is where you are typing. Just type DSDT=null and hit Enter again. Then arrow down to the bottom line that says Return and then boot in safe mode.
photo3.jpg

The safe mode option is found when you hit the spacebar.

Like everyone told me be sure you read through the process WOnkeyDonkey wrote (a couple of times) before you start. Even thought it is well written and he gives it to you step-by-step I still managed to miss some simple steps.

Also, I misunderstood was that after Maverick is installed, you still have to go back in and install Clover again. I just assumed it was installed already.

Last I wanted to point out that Clover calls my board D54250WYK wich is different than minihack.
0:100 0:000 Boot status=00:100 0:000 Clover revision: 2652 running on
0:100 0:000 ... with board D54250WYK
0:100 0:000 Clover load options size = 4 bytes
0:103 0:003 Using OEM config.plist at path: EFI\CLOVER\config.plist
0:104 0:000 EFI\CLOVER\config.plist loaded: Success

Let me know if I can provide any other files etc... to help others get through this easier.

Thanks again to everyone who worked on this!!!!

Creol

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    62.5 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back