Contribute
Register

Installation guide for Acer V5-572p-6858

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to update this guide:

1) I have replaced the internal Wireless card with Broadcom BCM94322HM8L. Now it works as native airport!!!

Attention: If you replace the WLAN card in this laptop, please first go into BIOS to disable "SECURE BOOT" and choose "EFI" to boot into Windows 8. This new WLAN card will be recognized automatically and ready to use. If you don't disable "SECURE BOOT", the WLAN will be recognized but will be not turn on!!! After you make sure it works in Win8, restart and you can ENABLE "Secure Boot" again. You will then be good to go in Both Mac OSX and Win8

I'm surprised you can boot at all into Chimera with secure boot enabled. After all, Chameleon is not "Secure Boot" enabled, AFAIK.

2) I extracted the original AppleACPIPlatform.kext (Version 1.8) and replaced the one I used. The Battery management still works no problem. Although I don't see any difference, I will keep the original version (1.8 from ML 10.8.5). It is always better to use the original one if we can, right?

Yes. Rollbacks are pretty much a bad idea, especially when not necessary.

4) My DSDT.aml cannot upload to here somehow, I don't know why. Attached is the final screen shot.

What would be better is the process by which the DSDT is created (list of patches, etc). But you can upload the DSDT if you compress it. For reference purposes, it is a good idea to also upload the native DSDT on which the patched DSDT was based. Makes it easier to see the actual changes.

Thank you, RahabMan~ You are the man~

Glad to help!

I'm surprised you can boot at all into Chimera with secure boot enabled. After all, Chameleon is not "Secure Boot" enabled, AFAIK.

Yes. Rollbacks are pretty much a bad idea, especially when not necessary.

What would be better is the process by which the DSDT is created (list of patches, etc). But you can upload the DSDT if you compress it. For reference purposes, it is a good idea to also upload the native DSDT on which the patched DSDT was based. Makes it easier to see the actual changes.

Glad to help!

RehabMan, there is no surprise because when I want to boot Mac OSX, I have to switch to Legacy mode, which automatically disabled secure boot. While when I want to boot into Win8, I change to EFI, then secure boot will be enable automatically if I enable it in BIOS.

The DSDT patches are included in the first post already.

THX

RehabMan, there is no surprise because when I want to boot Mac OSX, I have to switch to Legacy mode, which automatically disabled secure boot. While when I want to boot into Win8, I change to EFI, then secure boot will be enable automatically if I enable it in BIOS.

OK. That makes much more sense.

The DSDT patches are included in the first post already.

Great.

One more update about the touchscreen on this laptop. After a little bit search, this laptop used the similar touch controller as that Yoga 13, which found to be working under Mac OS X with 3rd party driver. I hope some time later, some one can developer the driver this it. I also believe the thing needed is calibration, because the touch controller is actually recognized and when I touch it, the point just moved to the top-left end and won't move further.

Here is some screen shot

Over all, this is really a quite compatible laptop for OS X

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 196
One more update about the touchscreen on this laptop. After a little bit search, this laptop used the similar touch controller as that Yoga 13, which found to be working under Mac OS X with 3rd party driver. I hope some time later, some one can developer the driver this it. I also believe the thing needed is calibration, because the touch controller is actually recognized and when I touch it, the point just moved to the top-left end and won't move further.

Here is some screen shot

Over all, this is really a quite compatible laptop for OS X

Just an idea: You might look into purchasing the driver from touch-base.com.

Got this laptop from Microsoft store for $499. Really nice laptop and turned out to be able to run Mountain Lion very nicely.

Laptop link: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...P-6858-Touchscreen-Laptop/productID.283976000

Laptop works under Mountain Lion 10.8.5 :
CPU: intel I5-3337U 1.8G (Turbo boost to 2.7GHz) ---Fully works including power management, speed steps, and sleep
RAM: 4GB (I have updated to 8GB) ---Fully works
HDD: 500GB ---Original GPT partition, fully works
Screen: 15.6" 1080P IPS with multitouch --- ELAN touch screen, no touch driver for ML, works at 1080p
Keyboard: backlit keyboard ---- Hardware switch so work no problem under ML (Fn + F9)
Trackpad: synaptics ---Fully works with hardware switch to turn off (Fn + F7)
Webcam: Fully works natively
Bluetooth: native support in ML
Ethernet: works with attached kext

Hey, i have got similar laptop

Acer Aspire v5-571P
Intel Core i5-3317U @ 1.70GHZ
Intel HD4000

I have a question , i think if i follow your guide it should work for me too..

my question is what bios version you have and did you patch your bios and did you actually set GPU memory to something like 64MB or 96MB ?

I have installed 10.8.2 , will that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in multibeast work for me ??

Chimera will work for me too ? and i need to use Dart=0 flag too ?

Regards & Thanks

I have installed 10.8.2 , will that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in multibeast work for me ??

Why 10.8.2? Current version in Mac App Store is 10.8.5.

Why 10.8.2? Current version in Mac App Store is 10.8.5.

I am trying to make this work perfect then i can update .. Ethernet is working (Y) :)

Where did you get 10.8.2?

Since its release .. i dont know when i got it .. but i am trying to make it work for long time now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back