Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
First thanks for this forum.
I am using a DELL E6500 (Core2 T9600, Nvidia quadro nvs 160M, INTEL 82567 Giga NIC, DELL Wireless 5530 and Intel Wifi 5100).
After booting with iBoot supported, I can install the retail DVD for 10.6.3. Rebooting again with the iBoot and create my account (i am connected to internet through ethernet NIC so I can use my apple account). I log in to the session and everything is working fine execpt for the touchpad that goes crazy. However the video card, the sound, ethernet NIC etc. are working. What should I do? Could I just install chameleon RC4 in order to be able to boot from the disk or should I also run the multibeast?
If I run the multibeast then the sound and ethernet does not work anymore and I have to install kext and I would have preferred staying vanilla.
Thanks for your help... I am a beginner in hackinstosh...

iBoot CD has a bunch of kexts (in a cache, not individually listed) that enable support for a wide range of hardware, which is why you are lucky that things work when booting off iBoot.

As you say, if you only install Chameleon, then you will not have these kexts, so stuff will not work.

So the answer is that yes, you'll need to install the necessary kexts. However, pretty much all are actually installed in a separate /Extra/Extensions folder, and not the main system /System/Library/Extensions. ie: you'll still have a vanilla, or very close to vanilla, system.

If you're using Multibeast 2.0, then select EasyBeast or Supported CPU
(And select System Utilities)
Also you probably need Advanced>Kexts>Misc>VoodooPS2 to get the keyboard working.
(Later you may want to experiment with alternate ApplePS2 kexts available elsewhere to get the touchpad working better).

If major problems (KPs etc), then try the Unsupported CPU version..

If you are lucky, your graphics will work OK with just this. If not, then you'll need to select a graphics kext (NVEnabler, ATIinit etc).

Similarly, you'll need to select suitable kexts for your hardware for ethernet and sound (VoodooHDA works with most audio hardware).

This may require some experimentation and lots of runs of Multibeast and reboots, unless someone here has same hardware and has already stated what kexts were needed.

You may also want to Install ShowAllFiles (in OSx86 Software on Multibeast) so that you can look at the /Extra folder to verify at each stage (reboot) what is in it and the /E/E folder.

Hi,
Can you please tell point me to the link/instruction page, using which you installed osx with retail DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back