Contribute
Register

Installation end with a prohibition signal on z87X HD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a happy new year and thanks for your help!!!
Same to you! Still trying to understand exactly where you're getting to. That "osinstaller missing or damaged" screen, when I got it, happened very early, yet you say you're seeing an install progress bar.

Just to be clear, when you install macOS High Sierra, you should (IIRC):
- get to the installer UI (I believe you've gotten here)
- walk through several screens and click install or ok or something
- get the first round of progress bar as it converts your system from HFS+ to APFS
- reboots (you select "install macOS High Sierra from <drive>" in clover)
- you get another round of progress bar
- you reboot again (you boot/F12 from pen drive, but select "macOS High Sierra from <hdd>")
- you get to desktop

I was thinking you were getting stuck at the installer UI which is typically where you get the osinstaller missing or damaged error, but you seem to indicate you actually get stuck on the first round of progress bar?? Do I have that right?

As I think about it, the clover stuff in the EFI may not be deleted by Disk Utility under a simple erase. I think you can reformat it in Disk Utility, away from GPT and back, to erase the EFI. You can also simply mount the EFI partition and manually erase the contents. Or use Windows to reformat it.

Same to you! Still trying to understand exactly where you're getting to. That "osinstaller missing or damaged" screen, when I got it, happened very early, yet you say you're seeing an install progress bar.

Just to be clear, when you install macOS High Sierra, you should (IIRC):
- get to the installer UI (I believe you've gotten here)
- walk through several screens and click install or ok or something
- get the first round of progress bar as it converts your system from HFS+ to APFS
- reboots (you select "install macOS High Sierra from <drive>" in clover)
- you get another round of progress bar
- you reboot again (you boot/F12 from pen drive, but select "macOS High Sierra from <hdd>")
- you get to desktop

I was thinking you were getting stuck at the installer UI which is typically where you get the osinstaller missing or damaged error, but you seem to indicate you actually get stuck on the first round of progress bar?? Do I have that right?

As I think about it, the clover stuff in the EFI may not be deleted by Disk Utility under a simple erase. I think you can reformat it in Disk Utility, away from GPT and back, to erase the EFI. You can also simply mount the EFI partition and manually erase the contents. Or use Windows to reformat it.

Here again after holidays :)
I completely deleted all partition on my pendrive using a windows pc.
Created again the bootable drive but...
Now the pen drive doesn't but anymore. Bootstrap ends with this message:
com.apple.windowsserver.590 (warning) : service exited with abnormal code: 1
and on the following raw I can read:
service runner for 0 seconds. pushing respawn out by 10 seconds
and then here start a loop; every ten seconds I can see a new error message.
I get also another error during the bootstrap:
/Library/launchAgents, error = 2: no such file or directory
And that's all folks :)

Here again after holidays :)
I completely deleted all partition on my pendrive using a windows pc.
Created again the bootable drive but...
Now the pen drive doesn't but anymore. Bootstrap ends with this message:
com.apple.windowsserver.590 (warning) : service exited with abnormal code: 1
and on the following raw I can read:
service runner for 0 seconds. pushing respawn out by 10 seconds
and then here start a loop; every ten seconds I can see a new error message.
I get also another error during the bootstrap:
/Library/launchAgents, error = 2: no such file or directory
And that's all folks :)
With the new pen drive you get to the clover boot screen, I assume, since you seem to be getting -v (verbose) output? So you get the CBS, and you select something like "install macOS High Sierra from <pendrive>", and you add the -v in clover boot arguments, and you get this output, do I have that right?

Zip up your pen drive's efi partition (remove themes) and let's take a look. Problems booting from the pen drive, which is designed to be as generic as possible, usually come down to some sort of BIOS issue or something weird about your specific board. If you haven't already, look in the subforums for install guides for Sierra or High Sierra to see if there's anything wonky about your board, such as a table you need to drop (MATS, DMAR, etc.). You should also be installing using a USB 2.0 port on the back of the machine, and be using a single monitor ideally connected to the IGPU (and temporarily disable the 970) assuming your board HAS an IGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back