- Apr 14, 2011
- Mobile Phone
Same to you! Still trying to understand exactly where you're getting to. That "osinstaller missing or damaged" screen, when I got it, happened very early, yet you say you're seeing an install progress bar.Have a happy new year and thanks for your help!!!
Just to be clear, when you install macOS High Sierra, you should (IIRC):
- get to the installer UI (I believe you've gotten here)
- walk through several screens and click install or ok or something
- get the first round of progress bar as it converts your system from HFS+ to APFS
- reboots (you select "install macOS High Sierra from <drive>" in clover)
- you get another round of progress bar
- you reboot again (you boot/F12 from pen drive, but select "macOS High Sierra from <hdd>")
- you get to desktop
I was thinking you were getting stuck at the installer UI which is typically where you get the osinstaller missing or damaged error, but you seem to indicate you actually get stuck on the first round of progress bar?? Do I have that right?
As I think about it, the clover stuff in the EFI may not be deleted by Disk Utility under a simple erase. I think you can reformat it in Disk Utility, away from GPT and back, to erase the EFI. You can also simply mount the EFI partition and manually erase the contents. Or use Windows to reformat it.