CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
maybe I was to fast: I updated catalina directly from a open core 0.6.1 install (deskmini 310 with 8core intel CPU and 64GB RAM). Installation seems to went fine, but booting into the finished (or nearly finished) installation didn't work, I get a stop sign and can move farther but the system reboots immediately after a short sequence with the apple sign. But I can boot into the Big Sur rescue-partition without problems.

Any recommendation what's to do to solve this? One user in this thread was successful with a oc 061 upgrade from catalina.

tia for any help!

maybe I was to fast: I updated catalina directly from a open core 0.6.1 install (deskmini 310 with 8core intel CPU and 64GB RAM). Installation seems to went fine, but booting into the finished (or nearly finished) installation didn't work, I get a stop sign and can move farther but the system reboots immediately after a short sequence with the apple sign. But I can boot into the Big Sur rescue-partition without problems.

Any recommendation what's to do to solve this? One user in this thread was successful with a oc 061 upgrade from catalina.

tia for any help!
I can't say this often enough - Clean the NVRAM before rebooting to remove remnants of old settings from the memory - most important.

I updated catalina directly from a open core 0.6.1 install
0.6.3 is the recommended version of OC to use with the latest Big Sur release. Try that.

tia for any help!
OC 0.6.3 is highly recommended ... but the problem you have can be probably solved setting Secure Boot Model to disabled instead of default... use Opencore Configurator to change that... this problem came since Big Sur Beta 10... you can find info on that here on Tonymac searching for topics of Beta 10.

OC 0.6.3 is highly recommended ... but the problem you have can be probably solved setting Secure Boot Model to disabled instead of default... use Opencore Configurator to change that... this problem came since Big Sur Beta 10... you can find info on that here on Tonymac searching for topics of Beta 10.
Secure boot was fixed in 0.6.3 - the recommended solution is to update rather than turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back