Contribute
Register

Install working. No option in Clover Configurator to drop MATS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amblin,

Was referring to KP you get from invalid character on the MATs table. I detailed how I fixed the problem on the hardware bios rom level on Oz forum on that Insane mac site. My post details how to do it but since i cant link it heres the scoop:

1. Searched for 'MATS' using UEFITool and searching for the hex equivalent of '4D 41 54 53'

2. Found that string in my Gigabyte Z87 bios inside two modules called 'OnOffChargeDXE' and 'OnOffChargeSMM'

3. Extracted both PE32 bodies only to a file and edit the 'Compiler ID' String to say 'INTL' (Not necessary to adjust the check sum).

4. Replaced the pe32 body only with my edited versions

5. Save the file and flash!

Hi Moheban

UEFITool opens BIN files. But how can I get a BIN file from bios firmware?
Is it possible and then can you explain the method?
Thank you.

I have the same issue with high Sierra I have to drop MATs every time. My version of clover have the option to add this but it does not make any difference. Except for this, everything is working like a charm.
I am in the same boat. Any help figuring out how to avoid dropping MATS manually at every boot?

Just edit you config.plist and add this in ACPI section:
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
</array>

Just edit you config.plist and add this in ACPI section:
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
</array>
Any chance you could elaborate on where/how to edit the config.plist file exactly? Would love to give this a try, but I'm not a coder at all.

It's like editing a text file, but if you make a mistake you can end up with an invalid config.plist.
You are not a coder and I am not a teacher, maybe it's better to upload your current config.plist file and I can change it for you if you know were you can find it.

It's like editing a text file, but if you make a mistake you can end up with an invalid config.plist.
You are not a coder and I am not a teacher, maybe it's better to upload your current config.plist file and I can change it for you if you know were you can find it.
Thanks for any help you can provide. Here is my current config.plist file. I believe the ACPI section looks like this:
Code:
<dict>
    <key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>FiX_TMR_40000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FiX_WAK_200000</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>
            <key>Name</key>
            <string>DSDT.aml</string>
            <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

I just don't know where to put the lines you referenced. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 242
The config.plist you uploaded already have problems. Let me check whats wrong....

Ok, I fixed it and and made the changes.
You had already tryed to add the changes to the bottom of the config.plist but they need to be inserted in the ACPI section
You can compare the version I posted here for you with the old one you have and see the differences

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
The config.plist you uploaded already have problems. Let me check whats wrong....

Ok, I fixed it and and made the changes.
You had already tryed to add the changes to the bottom of the config.plist but they need to be inserted in the ACPI section
You can compare the version I posted here for you with the old one you have and see the differences
You were right. Your changes worked great. Thanks for the help!!

I am in the same boat. Any help figuring out how to avoid dropping MATS manually at every boot?
Hey, I was using the wrong config file. I was editing the one from Macintosh HD>EFI folder and not the one from my EFI partition. Once I have the right config file, just need to go to ACPI on Clover and the option where it says "drop tables". Hope it helps.

Hey, I was using the wrong config file. I was editing the one from Macintosh HD>EFI folder and not the one from my EFI partition. Once I have the right config file, just need to go to ACPI on Clover and the option where it says "drop tables". Hope it helps.
@moheban79
I've succeeded to disassemble my Bios with the UEFITool found here (https://github.com/LongSoft/UEFITool/releases/download/0.21.5/UEFITool_0.21.5_osx.zip) by renaming my latest Bios Z87MXD3H.F7 to Z87MXD3H.rom and opened it in UEFITool.
I followed the explanations from moheban79 and changed the ID compiler found when you open MATS.aml with MaciASL.app to the "INTL" one used in some other tables.
Then I backed up my BIOS thanks to the DualBios feature of Gigabyte (Alt-F10 just after the post) and flashed my mobo with the new rom modified previously.
After that I opened my config.plist and deleted the dropping of the MATS table, saved it to config-no-mats.plist in case and put it in EFI/CLOVER and started on it(see Clover Options).
When all seemed O.K. to me, I renamed config.plist to config-mats.plist and config-no-mats.plist to config.plist which is the config by default for Clover.
I start now without dropping any table in Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back