Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev 1.0 16GB Kingston Hyper-X grey
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX970
Hi,

Running perfect Sierra 10.12.5 build and just testing and learning for the switch, have High Sierra PB working OK on a second SSD. Two problems.

1) No NV driver for my 970 and resolution terrible, waiting for alternative web drivers right? Unless someone has a great idea. I also boot Windows at 1440p and am connected via DP so don't fancy using onboard graphics chip and an HDMI.

2) Bigger problem. Using Clover Configurator, newest version, need to drop MATS from ACPI tables to boot. I have plenty of choices of things to drop but MATS isn't listed as an signature in CC ACPI/ drop tables. If I boot Clover and manually choose to drop MATS, well that works, but it's a pain to do every time I want to boot and things would be far more elegant if I just having that set in my config.plist

I see others have done that. So...

Can anyone explain why I don't have MATS listed as a signature choice in my ACPI/ "drop tables" in CC so I can set in my config.plist? If not, can I add drop tables MATS to my config.plist manually and if so, what code do I need to add?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Amblin

Last edited:
Just put this manualy in config.plist

<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
</array>

Thank you for the reply. My apologies for not replying sooner but disaster struck and it took me a while to get everything straight and prove stability over a few days.

Whilst your reply is I believe correct and is the fix, when adding it, my config.plist corrupted and on reboot to my completely working Sierra install, my AppleID and **all** my devices were instantly locked out, phones, pads everything! :)

Message and FT stopped working on my hack and all. Ooopps! ;)

So I have fixed it for now on my Sierra install by using my backup .plist and a phone call to Apple to unlock my ID but am wary of trying this again manually, all my i devices are safely unlocked. All is good again there.

I still really need to understand why ACPI/Drop Tables - "MATS" is not an option for me in the very latest version of Clover Configurator. Seems to me the safest way to make .plist alterations. MATS appears to be some kind of memory check, one not needed by my Sierra install but it's essential for me to boot 10.13. Is memory testing a new "check"?

Some advice as to the best text editor, least likely to corrupt a .plist with which to manually change a .plist would be appreciated as well. I've tried Text Edit, Text Wrangler and Atom, I think.

Thanks in advance, good things to you all.

I still really need to understand why ACPI/Drop Tables - "MATS" is not an option for me in the very latest version of Clover Configurator. Seems to me the safest way to make .plist alterations. MATS appears to be some kind of memory check, one not needed by my Sierra install but it's essential for me to boot 10.13. Is memory testing a new "check"?

Likely because it hasn't been updated for high sierra yet don't know really

advice as to the best text editor, least likely to corrupt a .plist with which to manually change a .plist would be appreciated as well. I've tried Text Edit, Text Wrangler and Atom, I think.

Thanks in advance, good things to you all.

Xcode would be your best bet and it's free and supported and maintained by Apple

Have you thought of manually editing or modding your mats table on the bios level? I did and no longer need to drop mats!

Again, thank you both for the replies. Xcode now installed.

moheban79, I haven't thought of that. Which edits/mods are you thinking of? I see we have the same mobo I'm sure I can do whatever is needed...

Any advice, or a procedure or links to the method you used would be very welcome.

Thanks again for taking the time to help out.

Amblin,

Was referring to KP you get from invalid character on the MATs table. I detailed how I fixed the problem on the hardware bios rom level on Oz forum on that Insane mac site. My post details how to do it but since i cant link it heres the scoop:

1. Searched for 'MATS' using UEFITool and searching for the hex equivalent of '4D 41 54 53'

2. Found that string in my Gigabyte Z87 bios inside two modules called 'OnOffChargeDXE' and 'OnOffChargeSMM'

3. Extracted both PE32 bodies only to a file and edit the 'Compiler ID' String to say 'INTL' (Not necessary to adjust the check sum).

4. Replaced the pe32 body only with my edited versions

5. Save the file and flash!

Thank you! That's what I need and if I get a disaster, dual BIOS will come to save the day anyway.

I will have a go later, after a great deal more coffee.

Thanks again!

Got to love dual bios. Saved my life so many times!

I have the same issue with high Sierra I have to drop MATs every time. My version of clover have the option to add this but it does not make any difference. Except for this, everything is working like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back