Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
This is a similar post that I submitted years ago. Now that I have time to work on it again, Here we go!

I have a Gigabyte H77N-WIFI/i5 core/3MHz/8MB UEFI. This system has a 1 TB hard drive with two partitions of which 750 GB is set aside for OS 10.9.5 and the other 250 GB is a PC ExFat format. Clover works fine at this point with OSX. I would like to post install Win7 on the remaining 250 GB partition. In the past while trying to do the installation it seemed that the Winstall process went well right up to the point where Windows said "We need to restart to complete the installation". At this point when I restart, clover interrupts and everything goes sideways. The Win7 drive is then useless because the install was was not complete. I've done the Winstall from a CD/DCD as well as a USB stick. No luck either way.

Any thoughts?

- rev -

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Thank you for the reply. UEFI is my desired installation. The current partition is ExFat but in the past I've tried both MSDos and NTFS. The problem arises when windows wants to restart to finish the installation and clover gets in the way. Possibly is there a way to disable clover temporarily?

Motherboard
GA-170X UltraGaming
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro + RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for the reply. UEFI is my desired installation. The current partition is ExFat but in the past I've tried both MSDos and NTFS. The problem arises when windows wants to restart to finish the installation and clover gets in the way. Possibly is there a way to disable clover temporarily?
Of course, simply boot into OSX, mount the EFI partition, copy the files into USB and then format the partition. Then, try to install Windows and it will write files on your EFI partition, boot OSX from your USB, mount the partition and copy the windows files into CLOVER folder. If it is the same drive, you will have to rename the CLOVERx64.efi to the .efi file to boot windows (don't remember its name).

This method work for me in my Dual Boot Laptop, hope it helps.

PD: the bad thing about it: when Windows updates, it overwrite the clover.efi to windows one again, sou you have to mount the partition on windows and do the same thing above (FileExplorer ++ needed)
Maybe its only in W10, mine is W10 so I don't really now on W7

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i5
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Thank you for the reply. In response to your reply I annotate it. I did not find this info very clear.

Of course, simply boot into OSX, (from clover on my hard drive?) mount the EFI partition (which EFI partition. The one on the AppleDrive or the Windows partition and with what, clover configurator?), copy the files (what files?) into USB (what USB?) and then format the partition (I assume you mean my Windows 250 GB partition drive on my 1TB AppleDrive). Then, try to install Windows (from my Windows installer USB stick?) and it will write files on your EFI partition (on my 250GB Windows partition I assume), From this point I am lost regarding asking questions about the rest of your instructions. boot OSX from your USB (my OSX is on my hard drive), mount the partition and copy the windows files into CLOVER folder. If it is the same drive, you will have to rename the CLOVERx64.efi to the .efi file to boot windows (don't remember its name).

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If you installed Mac OSX first, then Windows installer will install its boot files in the EFI partition that the Mac OS disk utility created. If you do not have a Microsoft folder in the EFI after installing Windows, you did not install it UEFI - it was installed Legacy mode.
Boot Windows installer. Select the partition you want to install Window on and delete it, leaving behind free space.
With the free space hi-lited, click install. Windows installer will take it from there, creating partitions as needed.
Your Windows boot files will be in a folder in the EFI partition.

Motherboard
GA-170X UltraGaming
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro + RX580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for the reply. In response to your reply I annotate it. I did not find this info very clear.

Of course, simply boot into OSX, (from clover on my hard drive?) mount the EFI partition (which EFI partition. The one on the AppleDrive or the Windows partition and with what, clover configurator?), copy the files (what files?) into USB (what USB?) and then format the partition (I assume you mean my Windows 250 GB partition drive on my 1TB AppleDrive). Then, try to install Windows (from my Windows installer USB stick?) and it will write files on your EFI partition (on my 250GB Windows partition I assume), From this point I am lost regarding asking questions about the rest of your instructions. boot OSX from your USB (my OSX is on my hard drive), mount the partition and copy the windows files into CLOVER folder. If it is the same drive, you will have to rename the CLOVERx64.efi to the .efi file to boot windows (don't remember its name).
You don't need 2 EFI partition, only one, mount the only one from the OSX, the copy the files into a external usb, format the EFI partition, then install windows from your installer USB stick, then you have to boot from the external usb, boot on OSX, copy you EFI folder (USB) and add the windows files into EFI (folder).

Status
Not open for further replies.