Contribute
Register

[Success] Install Ventura on the HP ProDesk 600 G3 with OC 0.8.6

@trs96 Audio works following the Guide. I still cannot boot to the SSD (I copied EFI from the install USB) there. Not sure what next, except to try a different SSD. In all the excitement of getting Ventura installed, I did not realize that the colors are way off. See attached picture. I have already tested the cable on my 8300 hack and it works just fine. Are there some RGB settings one can adjust?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 11.15.41.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 11.15.41.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 21
In settings -> display -> color you can choose a profile that works best for your monitor. Even a calibration option.

Screen Shot.jpg

I still cannot boot to the SSD
Some NVMe drives just don't work well with macOS. If it's the one that came with the HP PC it's likely not compatible.

Some NVMe drives just don't work well with macOS. If it's the one that came with the HP PC it's likely not compatible.
NVMe slot is disabled (it has Win11 on an HP branded SSD; during Ventura install). Ventura is on an off-brand SATA SSD. For the colors, I will try 18,1 instead of 18,2. I know it not a better match, but...

Last edited:
System appears and runs the same with 18,1. The colors are still way off and cannot be calibrated. I tried to redefine the white point but I could not change it, so I used the native setting, which of course made no difference. This is how bad it is:
Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 11.15.41.png
Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 14.19.13.png

so I used the native setting, which of course made no difference. This is how bad it is:
The colors of those two images look normal on my display.

Back