Motherboard
ASUS Z170-PRO
CPU
Skylake i7 6700k
Graphics
ASUS GTX 1080 Ti Strix
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, Well, I screwed over my Linux partition beyond repair once again! So i'm going to do a fresh re-install. The problem i'm facing is that whenever Ubuntu is installed, it does not show up in chimera. I know that you must install grub-2 to the root disk to have it appear.

The only problem is that since it's installs automatically in EFI mode, there is no way for chimera to see it, even if it GRUB is installed on the root drive. After some research this can be fixed if it's installed in 'Legacy mode'.

Would someone be willing to explain to me how this can be done? I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey guys, Well, I screwed over my Linux partition beyond repair once again! So i'm going to do a fresh re-install. The problem i'm facing is that whenever Ubuntu is installed, it does not show up in chimera. I know that you must install grub-2 to the root disk to have it appear.

The only problem is that since it's installs automatically in EFI mode, there is no way for chimera to see it, even if it GRUB is installed on the root drive. After some research this can be fixed if it's installed in 'Legacy mode'.

Would someone be willing to explain to me how this can be done? I would greatly appreciate it.
In every Linux distro I have used/tested, the install screen always gives you the option of "Something Else" and using this option allows you to decide where to install Grub2.

Thank you! I'll give it a try, I appreciate that you guys are awesome enough to answer a even the most simple of questions. Ubuntu has been giving me a hard time, so I'll let you I know if its successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back