Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime z370-a
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Geforce 1060 6GB
Hi everyone,

Im new here and I have been ripping my hair out for the last week trying to get yosemite to install on my pc.
I have an Asus Prime Z370-a with an i7-8700k and an GTX1060 (which im not currently using, I'd be happy to get it to work even with my integrated graphics).
I have followed the instructions here on tonymac on installing yosemite with any intel pc, but having problems with the installation as it gets stuck on the apple logo with no progress bar. when i run it from clover (-v) it gets stuck at the root device UUID is ++++++++ part (ive attached an image).
My apologies in advanced for being such a noob at this, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
I've tried the different bios settings and made the usb with unibeast with different methods with to no prevail.

Please please anyone help me out.

Thanks in advanced.

Mike

Attachments

• yosemiteerror.JPG
    yosemiteerror.JPG
    646.6 KB · Views: 117
Im new here and I have been ripping my hair out for the last week trying to get yosemite to install on my pc.
Coffee Lake hardware is not supported on Yosemite.
You will need macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 or higher.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I guess installing my old Pro tools on this system is impossible.

I should do some more research, as ive got a 6th gen i5 Skylake in my other system.
Maybe it can run yosemite.

Many thanks,
Mike

No, Skylake hardware is also not supported in Yosemite. You need at least El Capitan on that.

To run Yosemite you need a Haswell system (4th / 5th gen Core CPU and Intel 8 / 9 series motherboard) or older.

Hi Eximike
I'm running Protools 11.3.1 on High Sierra 10.13.6 with no problem

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 11.42.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 11.42.15 AM.png
    878.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back