Boot macOS Install from Install macOS High Sierra
Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS Install from macOS High Sierra

?

at the Clover screen I have the following options:

Boot macOS Install from Install macOS High Sierra
Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
Boot macOS Install from macOS High Sierra
Your first post said that you were trying to install Sierra so why have you got High Sierra anything ?
I am trying to install Sierra on my system

The fact that you still have the option to "Boot macOS Install from macOS High Sierra" implies that the installation did not complete or that something went wrong as when it completes that option is removed.

I would suggest that you start again and follow the video guide linked from Post #12.

the video shows installation of Sierra but the link to the Github is for High Sierra.
So is your EFI file for Sierra? Can I use this instead of the one from the video/github?

the video shows installation of Sierra but the link to the Github is for High Sierra.
So is your EFI file for Sierra? Can I use this instead of the one from the video/github?
There is not a great deal of difference between them - Either should work.

I tried his installation process and no luck, got to a similar point of before after installation I had no boot partition.
I am trying your EFI for Sierra but not getting a solution as this afternoon when install the High Sierra OS!
There is something about the hardware that prevents the installation to go the next step.

Will continue tomorrow!
Thx

I tried his installation process and no luck, got to a similar point of before after installation I had no boot partition.
I am trying your EFI for Sierra but not getting a solution as this afternoon when install the High Sierra OS!
There is something about the hardware that prevents the installation to go the next step.

Will continue tomorrow!
Thx
If High Sierra works for you then install High Sierra unless you have some underlying reason to stick with Sierra.

It actually did not install as I could not boot into it, Clover menu did not show the booting option to High Sierra.
I am trying one last build for tonight with Sierra and your EFI.

question, does the config.plist specify how many CPU are installed? I mean your EFI is for 2 CPU or it does matter?

Did you install the Clover boot loader to the EFI partition of your SSD ?

can you explain better this, not sure I understood.

This is what I did:

1. formatted the usb drive
2. use UniBeast to create the bootable usb drive with Sierra, selecting UEFI
3. copy your EFI folder over to the usb drive folder
4. inserted usb drive on workstation
5. made sure bios booted from usb drive
6. got to clover menu, selected the installation
7. got to use the utility to format the SSD
8. got through the installation
9 reboot it
10 got again to clover but no booting from SSD appear, just the options I describe before

Is this ok or I am missing something, since is not working I am sure I am missing something! :)
BTW, I appreciate it all the suggestions and help!!
Thx

PS. couple of debug ideas:
Currently only one CPU installed since I wanted to make the system up and running
Also when I format the SSD within the Sierra installation, which format I need to choose? journal and which scheme, master boot record?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back