Contribute
Register

Install OS X Mavericks on ASUS ROG G750JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
:ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek:

I wish someone would help me install it step by step facetime.
I am willing to pay for help.

- - - Updated - - -

:ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek::ugeek:

- - - Updated - - -

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Has anyone got the wifi going on the JW model?

Ive modified the AirPortAtheros40.kext as mentioned in another guide. The instructions were to add the following in the info.plist:

<string>pci168c,32</string>
<string>pci168c,0032</string>

The JW has Atheros AR9485 and these are apparently the addresses needed, but wifi is not recognised at all

Have seen some people reporting they have wifi working so interested in what they have done
thanks

Has anyone got the wifi going on the JW model?

Ive modified the AirPortAtheros40.kext as mentioned in another guide. The instructions were to add the following in the info.plist:

<string>pci168c,32</string>
<string>pci168c,0032</string>

The JW has Atheros AR9485 and these are apparently the addresses needed, but wifi is not recognised at all

Have seen some people reporting they have wifi working so interested in what they have done
thanks

AR9485 is not supported.

Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Hi,

Mavericks 10.9.2 work fine in my G750JW (audio, WiFi ac, GTX 765M, RJ45)

Clover installation

Hey, can you PLEASE provide a list of the kexts you used and where I can find those EXACT (same version and mods) of each file?

Also, are there any special instruction that lead you to success that I might need to know about. Thanks in advance. Once I have good luck with it I will put a guide together for all G750JW users.

AR9485 is not supported.

Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Thanks matey... from reading elsewhere thats the impression I got too :(

I have a couple of other things. So as mentioned I followed the instructions for JX install from another thread.

1. When I reboot with USB then select to boot from the HDD it hangs unless I select -V. It used to do a Kernel Panic, then I tried to sort of fix things with Unibeast by installing SMBIOS kexts. This stopped the KP but now it just hangs at loading screen. I can still boot it with -V but it just takes forever. Kind of negates using the SSD! Clearly I dont know what Im doing :rolleyes: Should I just wipe it and start again?

2. Connecting an external monitor does nothing. Should it work? I have the CUDA driver installed but should I also be able to install a proper GFX driver too? Is this why external monitor is not detected? If I goto the About this Mac info it says its a 13 in MacbookPro from 2011

Any help, as always would be appreciated. cheers

Thanks matey... from reading elsewhere thats the impression I got too :(

I have a couple of other things. So as mentioned I followed the instructions for JX install from another thread.

1. When I reboot with USB then select to boot from the HDD it hangs unless I select -V. It used to do a Kernel Panic, then I tried to sort of fix things with Unibeast by installing SMBIOS kexts. This stopped the KP but now it just hangs at loading screen. I can still boot it with -V but it just takes forever. Kind of negates using the SSD! Clearly I dont know what Im doing :rolleyes: Should I just wipe it and start again?

2. Connecting an external monitor does nothing. Should it work? I have the CUDA driver installed but should I also be able to install a proper GFX driver too? Is this why external monitor is not detected? If I goto the About this Mac info it says its a 13 in MacbookPro from 2011

Any help, as always would be appreciated. cheers

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Gotcha :)

Profile updated.

I sometimes get an error message too regarding VoodooHDA.kext saying it could not be loaded. I think its part of messing around with Multibeast :shifty:

cheers

Please has anyone been able to load OS x on Asus G752vy, I can't even get it to recognize the flash drive @startup

EVERYTHING WORKS!!!
(just no HDMI out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back