Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
CPU
INTEL CORE i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi there,

I have downloaded "install os x el capitan" from the App Store. It shows in the launch pad but not in "applications".

In Spotlight I can see it along with "install os x Yosemite" and "install os x Mavericks" in applications and I can start El Capitan & Yosemite from there.

None of these are showing in the applications folder!

Doe's anybody have a clue????:banghead:

You can check both your user account Applications directory and the system /Applications directory.

You can also try checking in Terminal:
Code:
ls -ld ~/Applications
ls -ld /Applications

Hi there,

I have downloaded "install os x el capitan" from the App Store. It shows in the launch pad but not in "applications".

In Spotlight I can see it along with "install os x Yosemite" and "install os x Mavericks" in applications and I can start El Capitan & Yosemite from there.

None of these are showing in the applications folder!

Doe's anybody have a clue????:banghead:

this probably means you dragged and dropped it somewhere else accidentally. just open up finder and search for El Capitan and you should be able to find it that way.

I moved mine into a folder called Hackintosh and tried to redownload from App Store and it just kept going in that Hackintosh folder. So just run a search using finder and it should show up (unless you moved it to a hidden/system folder besides applications).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back