Contribute
Register

Install OS X El Capitan with Chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Intel DP55SB mobo that I can boot Yosemite with Clover, But I have not had a single install of EL Cap, Clover is too advanced for me because I don't understand what boxes to check and not to check on the loading install screen, I've asked for help a many time but nobody responded. I have sit for days just trying to get EL Cap to install, Many unibeast combinations. But it will run Clover in Yosemite.

Of course this is not Enoch's fault but I couldn't reach the installer.

I still get the same annoying message I get from Clover.

0 . 0 AppleIntel1210::setLinkStatus - not active
Still waiting for root device

This is the USB problem right?

Of course this is not Enoch's fault but I couldn't reach the installer.

I still get the same annoying message I get from Clover.

Still waiting for root device

This is the USB problem right?

No, it's your Ethernet interface and it's unlikely to halt your installation.
The 'still waiting for root device' is usually related to your flash drive being in a USB3 socket.
Move it to a USB2 socket or if it's already in a USB2 socket move it to another one.

It can also be because your flash drive is USB3.

It can also be caused by other USB devices - Disconnect any non essential peripherals.

On rare occasions it can also be because of a disc in your optical disc drive.

No, it's your Ethernet interface and it's unlikely to halt your installation.
The 'still waiting for root device' is usually related to your flash drive being in a USB3 socket.
Move it to a USB2 socket or if it's already in a USB2 socket move it to another one.

It can also be because your flash drive is USB3.

It can also be caused by other USB devices - Disconnect any non essential peripherals.

On rare occasions it can also be because of a disc in your optical disc drive.

Thank you so much P1LGRIM!
My USB is 2.0 and I have tried almost all USB ports on my motherboard.
So tonight I will try to install it with my Apple USB keyboard and CD/DVD Drive unplugged.
Thank you so much I thought I had to do this or this or this

Converted my Yosemite install from Chimera 4.1 to Clover 3320. The conversion worked as far as booting, but problems cropped up. Shutting down from the Apple menu always resulted in restarting instead. Had to use the computer power button to shut down. Many times the boot process ended with a white screen (either using the OS X graphics driver or the nVidia driver). When restarting from the Apple menu, booting did not complete unless I pressed the computer case "restart" key while video was lost, which finished the process. No luck troubleshooting these problems.

So I returned to Chimera and now Yosemite works perfectly. :)

Small question, guys: an old chimera cant boot el capitan installation, right? Only the new chameleon or clover?

So I tried to install El Capitan with this new Chameleon and got this error code(s). I cant understand why its not booting to installer and hope some of you can help me to solve this issue. I'm booting from my HDD which have an OSX partition and Install partition, both with installed cham on it. Currently using Yosemite and its work just fine, like it was on Chimera.

UPD: My bad, missed NULLCPU in Extensions. Now I've booted to Install, but got black screen with GTX560 (non-ti) :(

5 pennies about chameleon: on P55 motherboards that's like ideal solution. Never had any troubles, but with clover you always have issues with USB, like constantly something goes wrong, also it take longer to boot. So if you have p55 motherboard — chameleon\chimera.
Thanks for the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back