Contribute
Register

Install OS X El Capitan with Chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same Here Long Live Chameleon:lol::beachball::D!!!

I switched to Clover some time ago and can no longer recall how I got things to work using Enoch Chameleon. What boot arguments have you tried?

So you somehow managed to get Clover to boot your Z400 both om the USB and then later on your HD? I can't seem to get past the "Unable to find driver for this platform" ACPI-KP, no matter what I try.

Tried the standard 10.11.x Clover-method, results in "Unable to find driver for this platform" ACPI-KP. No boot-args help.

Tried Clover on USB prepared with a number of different methods including EasyInstaller and installing Clover on a standard Installer USB (the way you would prepare it for a proper Apple-made Mac), the restore-method. All withe same result: "Unable to find driver for this platform" ACPI-KP.

I have come to the conclusion that those who succeeded with Clover (or Chameleon for that matter) must have found a way around the "Unable to find driver for this platform" ACPI-KP. Meaning you managed to get your hack to load the proper ACPI-driver?

Once I get on top of this I promise to write a guide that doesn't leave out any details (pretty much everyone who writes guides on this forum assumes that anybody coming onto the forum knows a whole lot more than I do, and I have been a mac-head since the late 1980's, and 10-15 years ago I was even writing shell-scripts for servers etc.), written so well a orangutang could do it. Once I succeed I want to share the goodness! So come on and help out. Should I start a new thread even? ;)

So you somehow managed to get Clover to boot your Z400 both om the USB and then later on your HD? I can't seem to get past the "Unable to find driver for this platform" ACPI-KP, no matter what I try.

Tried the standard 10.11.x Clover-method, results in "Unable to find driver for this platform" ACPI-KP. No boot-args help.

Tried Clover on USB prepared with a number of different methods including EasyInstaller and installing Clover on a standard Installer USB (the way you would prepare it for a proper Apple-made Mac), the restore-method. All withe same result: "Unable to find driver for this platform" ACPI-KP.

I have come to the conclusion that those who succeeded with Clover (or Chameleon for that matter) must have found a way around the "Unable to find driver for this platform" ACPI-KP. Meaning you managed to get your hack to load the proper ACPI-driver?

Once I get on top of this I promise to write a guide that doesn't leave out any details (pretty much everyone who writes guides on this forum assumes that anybody coming onto the forum knows a whole lot more than I do, and I have been a mac-head since the late 1980's, and 10-15 years ago I was even writing shell-scripts for servers etc.), written so well a orangutang could do it. Once I succeed I want to share the goodness! So come on and help out. Should I start a new thread even? ;)

What are the actual specs on your Z400? I am using an ssd with
SYBA SI-PEX40094 PCI Express Low Profile Ready SATA SATA III 2 Internal 6Gbps Ports PCI-e Controller Card.

Last edited:
What are the actual specs on your Z400? I am using an ssd with
SYBA SI-PEX40094 PCI Express Low Profile Ready SATA SATA III 2 Internal 6Gbps Ports PCI-e Controller Card.

What is currently installed on your HP Z400. Have been able to install any version of OS X?

Last edited:
My specs are standard Z400 with the 3.05GHz Xeon with 6 memory slots, except from a Sapphire R9 280X (boots with boot-screen). 4GB RAM, 2 x 2GB. If I get it running, plans are to get a Xeon W3690 and more RAM and a USB 3.0 card, and of course a PCI-e SSD. Mechanical drives can just as well use the built in SATA. A machine for Final Cut Pro X simply.

I haven't been able to make out wether the RAM-sticks are single- or dual-lane. Googled their model-number but no luck, HP RAM and their spec-info doesn't include if they are single or dual.

My specs are standard Z400 with the 3.05GHz Xeon with 6 memory slots, except from a Sapphire R9 280X (boots with boot-screen). 4GB RAM, 2 x 2GB. If I get it running, plans are to get a Xeon W3690 and more RAM and a USB 3.0 card, and of course a PCI-e SSD. Mechanical drives can just as well use the built in SATA. A machine for Final Cut Pro X simply.

I haven't been able to make out wether the RAM-sticks are single- or dual-lane. Googled their model-number but no luck, HP RAM and their spec-info doesn't include if they are single or dual.
Did the ram come with the computer?

They did come with the computer. Now I have tried with 8Gb original Apple RAM that came with my Mac Pro 4.1 (10600E). Same result. ACPI-KP, no matter what. Guess this Z400 will become a Windows-machine to rund racing-sims on since it now has a R9 280x and my Mac Pro already have two of those… :p

They did come with the computer. Now I have tried with 8Gb original Apple RAM that came with my Mac Pro 4.1 (10600E). Same result. ACPI-KP, no matter what. Guess this Z400 will become a Windows-machine to rund racing-sims on since it now has a R9 280x and my Mac Pro already have two of those… :p

Did you try putting FakeSMCKext in Clover Kext folder in "Other" folder? Use EFIMounter to access the USB clover EFi folder and open Clover folder then go to Kexts folder, download FakeSMCKext here in downloads section and place it in the Other folder.

If this bootloader will work - it will be just a miracle, because clover just wont boot on my PC no metter what I'm doing :(
We cannot get El Capitan installed on our "slightly" older machine, no matter what we do. It's the 3rd time we've tried and keep having to restore to Yosemite.

As this site does not support the Enoch boot loader ...
WHAT?!? "this site does not support Enoch"?! Really? Hmmm... Well, this THREAD includes the word "Chameleon" in its title which is specified to be the Enoch branch within the first post! It also explains that this is an "alternate experimental" method.
The real problem with the original question:
...installed MacOSX Sierra with Enoch-rev.2839...
Would probably be that: This thread is for El Capitán not Sierra...

Why all the banter (much of it lacking any reasoning, explanation or sources) about Clover vs Chameleon clogging up this thread?! This thread is supposed to be about installing El Capitán with Chameleon Enoch. There is a separate guide for installing El Capitán with Clover; and I expect there are threads discussing the merits/features/pros & cons of Clover vs Chameleon (if not, they can and should be created)—NONE of that discussion belongs here at all, it makes it much more cumbersome & time consuming for someone trying to use this thread as intended and labeled!

**Some explanation regarding the quoted plists would be very nice! Like: what is the meaning and purpose of: -no-zp ??? What about all the keys in the Kernel.plist? Are they all necessary and the same value for every MOBO? Are there any known exceptions or variations for certain chipsets, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back