Contribute
Register

Install Option not showing on Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly it didn't work. =/
Thanks a lot though.

You need to have the apfsEFI in the Clover/Drivers64EFI folder or your Clover boot screen won't show the drive icons. Is this whats happening, you get Clover screen but no disk to select?

The following conditions must be satisfied for a macOSHigh/ macOSSierra USB installer to show up in the CLOVER Boot Manager Screen for booting it from there using valid Boot Args:

• The USB installer should have a legitimate MscOS High Sierra Installer and appropriate CLOVER folder
    • For this Forum to help , macOSHigh Sierra Installer must come from AppStore
    • It has to be installed after the disk is Partitioned in GUID and Formatted in HFS+J filesystem in a Mac or Hack
      • using Disk Utility or
      • diskutil command in the Terminal.
    • The Installation of macOSHigh Sierra can be done on the USB Flash disk (8-16GB)
      • using Unibeast 8.1 which installs the OS and the CLOVER EFI bootloader in one go or
      • using CreateInstallMedia Terminal cmd followed by manual Clover Efi installation by downloading the latter from Sourceforge.net and editing the various folders and config.plist manually.
      • Even when Unibeast is used my personal suggestion is to check the CLOVER folder contents and edit config.plist to make sure they are OK for your chosen MoBo/CPU/Graphics.
    • This properly created High Sierra USB installer should get the proper BIOS Setup options for booting it and making it appear first in Boot Selection Screen of the BIOS (opened through F-12 during boot in Gigabyte)
    • and then in the Clover Boot Manager(CBM)screen
  • It should be obvious now that if the Installer is a no show in CBM screen, the areas to check are
    • Any problem in creating the Installer
    • Any problem with CLOVER inside the disk
    • Any problem in BIOS choice to boot that Disk : any thing missed in any of the crucial BIOS menus.
  • Any other advice is based on narrow personal experience which may hit or miss the real cause for the problem..

Hey brother.
Thanks for nice instructions.
It turns out that I have followed all of them already. =/
I'm wondering if somehow this pendrive is messed up or something.
I can boot Clover from it, for sure, but there is no option of booting the External Installer Instalation.
I may try a different pendrive...
This is just weird.
=/
Thanks again.
It turns out that I have followed all of them already. =/
I'm wondering if somehow this pendrive is messed up or something.

• Your "Pendrive" has only 2 things inside :
    • macOS HighSierra Installer files
    • EFI/CLOVER
  • If you have downloaded MacOSHighSierra Installer from AppStore to your Application folder successfully and used that to install the system on the Pendrive, the only thing that can be wrong in the Pendrive is CLOVER.
  • Just upload that CLOVER from the Pendrive as a compressed file to the Forum and someone can check why it is not allowing you to boot that Pendrive properly.
  • Of course, this assumes you have indeed set up your BIOS options correctly to boot the "Pendrive".
    • If you have any doubt about the BIOS choices, list them also for someone to comment about them.

• Your "Pendrive" has only 2 things inside :
    • macOS HighSierra Installer files
    • EFI/CLOVER
  • If you have downloaded MacOSHighSierra Installer from AppStore to your Application folder successfully and used that to install the system on the Pendrive, the only thing that can be wrong in the Pendrive is CLOVER.
  • Just upload that CLOVER from the Pendrive as a compressed file to the Forum and someone can check why it is not allowing you to boot that Pendrive properly.
  • Of course, this assumes you have indeed set up your BIOS options correctly to boot the "Pendrive".
    • If you have any doubt about the BIOS choices, list them also for someone to comment about them.
haha, hey bro.
the "pendrive" is setted correctly.
i'm wondering if some clusters are ****ed or something. idk how flash medias work.
anyways.
i'll post the clover folder for sure. i might be wrong, right?
but yeah, I used all instructions on tonymac...
I'm wondering if something specific has to be tweaked bc of my old MOBO, or old cpu(4th gen haswell).

oh yeah, the bios is correct... i've been using hacks for like 3 years, bro.
thanks again.

You need to have the apfsEFI in the Clover/Drivers64EFI folder or your Clover boot screen won't show the drive icons. Is this whats happening, you get Clover screen but no disk to select?

hey bro!
sadly that's not it.
I have it in already.
It happens to come inside the efi already, bc of Unibeast,
thx though :D

and yeah! correct. i can't see the USB install inside clover.

Hey everyone. I just want to add that I have been having the same problem as wasabi.

On that note, wasabi, have you managed to resolve the issue?

@agroverr, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back