Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Install Nvidia Web Driver for Build ID 17G66 (BRAND new High Sierra build???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update your OS build beyond 17G66.
tried 1000 times, after clicked " software update" but showing " no updated available "

Doesn't work on my Mac
Note that this is not a support site for Apple products - You may have better luck elsewhere.

The GTX 670 has native support, you should not need the web drivers.

I found a solution : download the 2020-005 10.13.6 security update . finally get away with 17G66

Snip20201201_4.png

Snip20201201_3.png

I found a solution : download the 2020-005 10.13.6 security update . finally get away with 17G66
hope to not bother you too much, after you installed the update and asked to reboot, which partition did you choose in clover? the high sierra one or something else? cause after installing and reloading i keep getting 17G66, even after downloading the dmg straight from your wikipedia link, thank you

SOLUTION maybe will help someone else: i put boot from last selection in the clover configurator so it went "automatically" and it booted from the preload partition, it showed the apple with loading bar with a time remaining counter, after that i got back in the high sierra partition and the build is changed and was able to install one of the last 2 drivers and it's working

Last edited:
I'm also still stuck on 17G66 after installing all available security updates.

I used the bash script mentioned here a few years ago and it worked, but some time back, my Thunderbolt port stopped working, and from then on, I now always get an error on boot, that the webdriver couldn't be loaded and I should re-install. It might be a hardware issue, but I'd still like to try to get the webdriver to work the way it's supposed to, again.. but the github page the original bash script pointed to, no longer exists.

What did the bash script actually do?

I tried unpacking the webinstaller's pgk file and modified the minimum required OS build in the "Distribution" file I found inside of it to the 17G66 build, then packed the .pkg file again.

This allowed the installer to run, but now I get a vague error at the end of the installation, saying this:

"The installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I checked ~/Library/Logs but couldn't find a log of the issue.

Does anyone know what the bash script actually did? I'd like to try to make the same modifications to the driver package on my end, to see if I get it to install successfully after being modded... but I'm not sure what else, other than the OS-check I'd need to modify?

Make sure you're booting the right volume after restarting. There may be a macOS installer volume which you need to boot. It's really best to just update and be on the latest security update, especially if connected to the internet.

Amazing - thanks for the Xmas present, 1Revenger1!

You were absolutely right... the security update never finished installing, since I always booted right back to the regular macOS volume, instead of booting into the macOS Pre-boot/Installer volume in the boot manager. I thought it found this automatically after the security update and restarting, since it showed "Installing..." progress bar after the initial reboot (that never moved all the way to the right before rebooting again), but this apparently wasn't the whole thing...

So, yeah, after making sure to restart into the Pre-Boot installer volume a few times when the computer restarted automatically, my system now shows as 17G14033, and the NVidia manager automatically found that there's a driver update available. I installed that, rebooted, and now I got a working webdriver back. NICE!

Thanks very much again for your help, 1Revenger1!! I'm all sorted :D

Yeah - the security update did the trick for me, which allowed me update thru the Nvidia Driver preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back