Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Install Nvidia Web Driver for Build ID 17G66 (BRAND new High Sierra build???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 100% confident........ in your assessment lol. I took out the GT 710, Opened CC and check marked InjectIntel, plugged into the DP and bada boom I've got hd4000 graphics. I guess I will stick with this until I learn more or become more confident in my direction following. @trs96 I know this guide is a year old now, and there are many like me out there that just seem to miss a step or a simple instruction, but thank you for having the patience and still jumping back in to help. It is much appreciated!

Edit: added screenshot
You got absolutely wrong config in CC, I took a look on your screenshots. It's a big Phenomenon if you able to boot. But with wrong config you will always turn around 17G66. You have to read about ACPI: GFX0>iGPU, PEGP>GFX0, then inject Intel data framebuffer according to your CPU model. If you not proceed the Intel data insertion you got no Intel acceleration, will work only Discrete Graphic. Also you can disable iGPU in Bios for first time until Nvidia get working, then attempt to force both cards work simultinously - iGPU will send no signal, cable must be to Discrete Card connected, but iGPU will helpful with video - f.e. film watching via browser.

Hey guy's, who got 17G66 and looking for Webdrivers - here you are: install this security update from official Apple and have fun with nVidia Webdriver 387.10.10.10.0.133 (for 17G10021)
MacOS High Sierra Security Update 2019-007 (17G10021)

Last edited:
whenever i try to install the nvidia driver for 17G10021 the driver doesn't seem to work or isn't installing properly, any fix to that? (also the Nvidia preference tab in settings doesn't work and gives me the error : can't load the nvidia graphics manager)
Look over

Hi please help im on the 17G10021 after security update but yet i still cant install the webdriver for that version. so frustrating. what can i do?

Hi please help im on the 17G10021 after security update but yet i still cant install the webdriver for that version. so frustrating. what can i do?

boot into recovery mode. Open up Utilities tab and then Terminal.
csrutil disable

reboot and install drivers.

boot into recovery mode. Open up Utilities tab and then Terminal.
csrutil disable

reboot and install drivers.
thank you but it didnt work :( . and just found out that it still says im on 17g66 in system report... even tho the security update was succesful. very frustrating place to be stuck. :)

for anyone in need, I found this: https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update it seems to work great

Too little info presented. At first, what Clover’s config used for & what number OS you got? Second, is the security Update given above installed? Third, what number Web-driver you tried to install? I‘d like to help, but how?

Last edited:
Try this script
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.40.113

Didn't work for me :s

IMG_1897.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back