Contribute
Register

Install Mavericks (+ server) on HP Mediasmart EX490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you try to install the hard drive (El capitan) separately via another computer? The steps I took was all I needed to get this installed. But before you throw it back into the ex490 you need to allow to have share screen, share files allowed for you to get to the computer. After which you can throw it back in the computer after you have set up all the multibeast setting I did. You can also set up the static ip address while connected to a different computer but I was actually able to do it via screen share. However I highly recommend upgrading your cpu and ram. Stock ex490 runs like molasses. Even with the upgrades it not setting any speed records. Goodluck.

Hi, I have done the following but still no joy and I'm going mad with not knowing where I'm failing.

Made a USB with unibeast 6.2.0 using the El Capitan installer
Installed on a USB HDD using my Mac
Run through the setup and did the screen sharing etc
Ran multibeast 8.2.3 (legacy mode fails) used normal mode and chose the realtek ethernet driver, nothing else
Rebooted from the USB HDD to make sure it boots

put into the EX490 (with a CPU upgrade to quadcore) but it does not boot the HDD, I can here it spin up but cannot hear any HDD activity.

If I put the Windows HDD in it works fine so I know the EX490 boots and works.

I do not know where or what I have done wrong to not get this working. would I be better installing an older version of OSX ?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Can anyone help me please? Followed the instructions but when booting the PCs reboots after a few seconds? Theirs verbose mode but cannot see the error message as it reboots too fast. Do I need the Realtek drivers ticked? Thanks

Can anyone help me please? Followed the instructions but when booting the PCs reboots after a few seconds? Theirs verbose mode but cannot see the error message as it reboots too fast. Do I need the Realtek drivers ticked? Thanks

Is this on a HP EX490 ??

I had the issue with trying to boot my EX490 from a OSX El Capitan boot but it never worked, I had to use OSX Yosemite and thats worked like a charm using the boot loaders and multibeast

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Thanks Stork, Updated status. It's a mediasmart ex490. I have the vega cable attached and cup upgraded to ex8400. Tried Yosemite today and getting constant reboot loops. Even with verbose mode on its too quick for me to see the last error line.

AdamMann1508. Which version of MultBbeast did you use please? Also did you change much in the BIOS. Boots fine on my iMac 2007 via USB to SATA. Just a constant reboot loop.

Finally managed to get Yosemite working. It has taken about 2 weeks of reading many sites and getting into. Anyway it was all down to my cpu bios settings. For the EX490 copy the settings in the bios of the screen shot attached if you have the via cable. Sorry about the colour as it is a homemade via cable. Just trying to get things set up and transferring files over from openmediavault. So far things seem to be very zippy compared to my iMac.

Attachments

• 20160828_095840.jpg
    20160828_095840.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 411
See El Capitan thread I created for install instructions. I found Yosemite install flaky and the instructions here not correct. (had to add drop DDST and generate CPU states.) But El Capitan is much more stable, so I would skip Yosemite and go straight to El Capitan. Sierra UniBeast crashed, so I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back