Graphics
hd3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hardware: Ivy bridge i7 3770K with HD4000 Intel graphics card, IT harddisk, 2 HDMI display port.

Prepare:

* Download the free "Install OS X Mavericks.app” from Mac app store
* Prepare the USB installer as the page:
* http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Installation:

* Boot the system from the usb disk(F12 and choose the USB storage)
* Install the Mavericks
* You have to choose the safe mode, because the ACPI issue on Optiplex 9010. (Add -x option in the boot menu)
* Otherwise, it will hang on gray screen.
* Install the Mavericks onto your harddisk.

Post-installation:

* Install the MultiBeast-6.0.0 with the EasyBeast default options and install the boot loader.
* Reboot by the USB installer but choose the installed Mavericks partition.
* Fix boot sector issue if you disk size is much bigger. Search "fix the boot0 error” about how to fix it
* Additional driver fix:
* Fix the ACPI issue, replace the ACPI file to /System/Library/Extensenion and repair the permissions.
* Fix the Audio issue, copy the audio 2.7.3 voodoo driver and HDADisabler.kext into the /System/Library/Extensenion and repair the permissions.

Attachements: you also can use the dsdt in the attachment.

Attachments

• optiplex9010.zip
    421.9 KB · Views: 1,628
i can't seem to get my optiplex to boot without using the usb and -x option. I get the ACPI error. I got it to go away once by replacing the kext files with yours but then i got a cpu error. Any ideas?

Kludge, Thanks for the assistance and setting me up for success. Due to your awesome post I was able to knock this one out fairly quickly. Not a hack expert, but I've done a few of them, and some of them was well before Tony put out all these awesome tools! Anyway, I havent really got to kick the tires too tough yet, but I did notice that my on board ethernet (en0) shows as not connected, and is not getting an IP. I Get a green light on my switch, but weird amber blinking on the computer itself. I've tried a couple other cables, but have to get some sleep.

I am assuming that you had no such grief. Any ideas where to look?

Collinssolutions, You can use those boot options even without the USB, provided you have boot loaded installed. Just follow Kludge's guide, you'll be up and running in no time.

i stuck at the boot screen logo, not rotating, but the mouse work. stuck just after trying to boot into USB. Care to share the BIOS setting? Do i need to turn on UEFI?

Missed the safe mode. Prob solved. Btw, still care to share the BIOS setup?

Now every things working. The only prob is, my optiplex 9010 use AMD Radeon HD7470. And seems like system still not detect the graphic perfectly. Can anyone help me, please?

I have a Dell 9010 with AMD Radeon 7470HD as well. I have tried installing AMD7000Controller.kext, AMDRadeonX4000.kext, and AMDSupport.kext with KextBeast but the system still does not pick them up. I am wondering if you have solved this issue. Thanks!

just installed macos Sierra in Dell optiplex 9010. Worked perfectly.
Intel i7 3.39 GHz
16GB RAM
HD Graphics 4000

Thanks everyone.

just installed macos Sierra in Dell optiplex 9010. Worked perfectly.
Intel i7 3.39 GHz
16GB RAM
HD Graphics 4000

Thanks everyone.
Hello, i will install Sierra, this week.
wich parts of the guide will work?

thank you

@edgarliborio, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back