Contribute
Register

Install MacOS X on ASUS ROG GL502VT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than this, was there anything else you needed to do to go to Catalina?
Yes you need the latest Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC kext. But im stuck on that error message I attached on the previous reply. The installer fails.

any ideas why I get this (greyscreen with a cursor) after installing the OS successfully?

Attachments

• IMG_5416.jpg
    IMG_5416.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 61
  • CLOVER.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 79
any idea why this might be happening?
Don't know if this helps. I had similar issues with Mojave. If I saw that message, I had to re-download the installer and try again.

Don't know if this helps. I had similar issues with Mojave. If I saw that message, I had to re-download the installer and try again.

yes that was it, but now i have the grey screen with a cursor, after installing Catalina.... :(

Looks like it's called the "grey screen of death".

Everything I can see on Google suggest a hardware issue. Maybe one of the kexts does not work properly with Catalina? Just a guess though. I've got to stick with Mojave for now as I need 32 bit apps to work.

Looks like it's called the "grey screen of death".

Everything I can see on Google suggest a hardware issue. Maybe one of the kexts does not work properly with Catalina? Just a guess though. I've got to stick with Mojave for now as I need 32 bit apps to work.

yeah, it’s possible that the kexts are causing this issue, thank though I’m still looking into it.

I've hit a small issue.

When I plug in a monitor via the HDMI cable or display port, the screen on the laptop turns off. I cannot see anything in the BIOS to change this behaviour, has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance,

Tony.

hello
i've the same configuration
did you configure it ?

No, I never managed to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back