Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel hm170 chipset
CPU
i7-6700hq
Graphics
GTX 970M 3GB
hi all I'm a newbie when it comes to mac installs. I was wondering if it would be possible to install the latest mac os onto my ASUS ROG GL502VT so I can do my uni work on logik pro and final cut with out having to buy a mac as this system out specs most new macs anyway as far as i am aware. any help or pointers if possible a video guide would be extremely helpful as I understand it can be quite complicated when it comes to installs and driver compatibility on some machines. Steve

The same question.
Specs for the laptop are:
Intel Core i7 6700HQ 2600 MHz/15.6"/1920x1080/16.0Gb/1256Gb HDD+SSD/DVD no/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/

hi all I'm a newbie when it comes to mac installs. I was wondering if it would be possible to install the latest mac os onto my ASUS ROG GL502VT so I can do my uni work on logik pro and final cut with out having to buy a mac as this system out specs most new macs anyway as far as i am aware. any help or pointers if possible a video guide would be extremely helpful as I understand it can be quite complicated when it comes to installs and driver compatibility on some machines. Steve

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

If it helps, I've almost got mine working fully. I followed the guide at

The hardware is very similar. All I need to get working now are the touchpad and filevault.

The hardware is very similar. All I need to get working now are the touchpad and filevault.

Hey, I have the same laptop! GL502VT
I am planning to try out this guide coming weekend.

So far how is this working for you? Are you still using it or shifted back to windows?

I am also curious whether the touchpad functions like an actual macBook touchpad with all the different gesture support.

I don't have the trackpad or FileVault working yet. As soon as I've got filevault going, I'll get to work on the trackpad.

The trackpad is not that important for me though as I usually use my existing Mac via remote desktop. But FileVault is something I definitely want.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for the update!

An update for anyone with a GL502VT laptop.

I had been following the guide mentioned above (for the GL552VW). On the github page, I followed the instructions to the point where they mention the GPIO pin. Mine is 0x11 which I read elsewhere (cannot remember where) that VoodooI2C kext should work. So I backed up my Clover installation, then downloaded the latest VoodooI2C release (2.2). Navigated to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and replaced the existing VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext with the latest release. Reboot, and now my touchpad works when it boots into OSX. It doesn't work during boot, but I'm fine with that.

Hope this helps.

An update for anyone with a GL502VT laptop.

I had been following the guide mentioned above (for the GL552VW). On the github page, I followed the instructions to the point where they mention the GPIO pin. Mine is 0x11 which I read elsewhere (cannot remember where) that VoodooI2C kext should work. So I backed up my Clover installation, then downloaded the latest VoodooI2C release (2.2). Navigated to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and replaced the existing VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext with the latest release. Reboot, and now my touchpad works when it boots into OSX. It doesn't work during boot, but I'm fine with that.

Hope this helps.

I have a GL502VT also, I got everything working, except for the battery which shows 0% but knows when its charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back