Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Haswell Based PCs

I have a PC with MSI Z87 G41 pc mate MB. Core i7 4770K Ram 16 Gb and Nvidia Quadro K600.......I have tried almost every trick which I could find on the internet to install mac osx on my PC but i Failed. I have tried both ways directly booting from USB drive and also from Virtual box but it didn't worked. I am so dissappointed..........Plz help.

I have a PC with MSI Z87 G41 pc mate MB. Core i7 4770K Ram 16 Gb and Nvidia Quadro K600.......I have tried almost every trick which I could find on the internet to install mac osx on my PC but i Failed. I have tried both ways directly booting from USB drive and also from Virtual box but it didn't worked. I am so dissappointed..........Plz help.

With only 1 HDD/SSD to be dedicated to OS X, boot with iBoot Haswell in the ODD.
Install S/L. Download the 10.6.8 update combo and the Apple Software Installer Update from the Apple support web page. Install the update combo, reboot with iBoot Haswell. Install the installer update.
Go to app store and download Yosemite. Create USB installer and install per the Yosemite Guide.

here the system configuration I am using motherboard: Intel DH61BF Processor: core i3 2120 3.3 GHz Ram: Kingston 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz Hard disk: seagate momentus 500 GB SATA 3 GB/s optical drive: LG DVD writer no additional graphic cards will my pc is able to run snow leopard if it can help me how

Hello everyone, new to the forums. Just trying to install SL Retail in order to get to the App store and download Yosemite. I burnt a copy of iBoot Haswell with disk utility and have tried running it several times with different boot flags. I have tried a variety of combo's with them -x, -x - y, PCIRootUID=0,1,2,3,4 ACPI=off GraphicsEnabler=no but all that happens is the screen shows page after page of text (when I use -v) and then the computer eventually reboots, and when -x is used, I hear the dvd spinning like its trying to install but all is see is the blank black screen and then it reboots as well. I can't actually get to the install screen. I have SL Retail DVD.

One note though I'm trying to install it to an external hard drive, not sure if that is why I'm having the problem or not. I have tried all the solutions and more listed on this topic but still nothing, computer just reboots when I click on SL DVD symbol in iBoot Haswell screen. Anyone else have problems similar to this with iBoot Haswell? Or have some solutions or suggestions for me to try. Thank you.

I am having an interesting problem with this.

My SL DVD is damaged so I am using VirtualBox to boot SL instead. Everything works fine except that neither Unibeast nor Install OS X Yosemite.app opens.

It shows "You can't open this app on this type of mac". Trying to open the executable inside the package gives "Bad CPU type for executable" in terminal.

As VirtualBox uses VT-X, I think I will get the same results even if I boot directly to SL.

I'm trying to reach Tony - I'm very new at this!

Hi Tony,

I'm physically disabled and was told during my Freshmen year that because of the size of my power wheelchair, I would never fit into the editing studio's.

I currently use a configuration very simulator to your "Main Rig". I would like to turn it into a dual boot; Windows 10/Mac OS X? I know i can do it with help!

Questions;

What's the best OS X and how can i get my hands on it?

I'm looking forward to this project!

Thanks
Wheelman62

Hi Tony,

I'm physically disabled and was told during my Freshmen year that because of the size of my power wheelchair, I would never fit into the editing studio's.

I currently use a configuration very simulator to your "Main Rig". I would like to turn it into a dual boot; Windows 10/Mac OS X? I know i can do it with help!

Questions;

What's the best OS X and how can i get my hands on it?

I'm looking forward to this project!

Thanks
Wheelman62
If you have a friend with a Mac that will let you borrow it for awhile, you can download the OS X installer app and create a USB installer using the guides in the forum Guides section for each of the supported versions or the Installation Guiide for the latest version of OS X.

If you have no friends with Macs, and no Mac is available at your local school or library, the purchase the Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail install DVD, download and burn the iBoot Haswell ISO (to match your Haswell hardware) and follow the Snow Leopard install guide in the Guides section. Do not bother with the post install MultiBeast part of the guide, just download the 10.6.8 update (combo), install it, reboot using the iBoot CD.
Then go to the app store, create an account if you do not have one and download the latest OS X version installer. Right now that is Yosemite, but El Capitan may be coming out Sept. 30 if the rumors are true. Then follow the forum Installation Guide for installing the latest version.

For dual boot is best to install on separate SSD/HDD, especially if Windows is already installed and you have installed 3rd party software and customized it for your needs. See sticky in MultiBooting subform for a guide, but be aware installing on same drive if installing UEFI and using Clover that it is more difficult.

Thank you very much!

Thank you all very, very much! Sorry if I was a bit of a nag. i don't know where to ask my questions to get the right answers. Hopefully i'll get it, with a little help.

Thanks

Will this work on X99/Haswell-E?

To all

"And Now for something completely different."

A note of information has been found that may help many of you who are struggling w Snow Leo installs on haswell hardware.

Especially the part that your attempting to get or connect to the Apple App store and download the Mavericks OSX so you can make a USB thumb drive.

Some of us have multiple networks like a wifi card and the dedicated NIC on the motherboard.
these situations can cause OSX SL to change the order of the Network (eth0).

Suggest you use this boot option switch as one of our posters did - EthernetBuiltIn=Yes as one of the additional boot switches.

Such as PCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=No

Here is the link and its post #53.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-support/108927-ep45-ud3p-system-build-help-6.html

And of course you will need to connect to the NIC port and run hardline wire to the router.

I can't get my ethernet working after my SL install. I'm using an Asus Z97-A mobo. I have the Intel LAN Controller disabled in the BIOS. If I enable it, I cannot boot SL. I've tried installing the AppleIntel1000e.kext and IntelMausiEthernet v1 without any luck. Do I need to use an usb Ethernet card or something?

Back