Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Haswell Based PCs

i chose dsdt-free, changed the audio codec to the one my motherboard uses (realtek alc892), set the ethernet controller to intel and i also set something with usb 3.0 and 1080p - just read your "how to know what to install with multibeast", and now i think the 1080p thing was the mistake as this is only for GraphicsEnabler=Yes, right?

1080p is for the graphics mode, you have a 1080p Monitor? Are you able to boot in safe mode. This wouldn't be the reason that you have a Kernel Panic. Did you change the system definition too?

1080p is for the graphics mode, you have a 1080p Monitor?
Yes.
Are you able to boot in safe mode.
Yes. Actually, I am writing this post from safe mode.
This wouldn't be the reason that you have a Kernel Panic. Did you change the system definition too?
No, I don't think so. If I just run MultiBeast another time out of safe mode and with the right settings, would that fix it? Or do you think the MultiBeast configuration is not the problem?

Yes.

Yes. Actually, I am writing this post from safe mode.

No, I don't think so. If I just run MultiBeast another time out of safe mode and with the right settings, would that fix it? Or do you think the MultiBeast configuration is not the problem?
As you get into OS X in safe mode we need to determine what is causing the KP. Can you boot only with -v and take a picture of where is stops.

As you get into OS X in safe mode we need to determine what is causing the KP. Can you boot only with -v and take a picture of where is stops.

I don't know, but reading that text on those pictures, I think it has something to do with power management.

DSC04031.jpgDSC04032.jpgDSC04033.jpg

In safe mode open up MultiBeast and Navigate to Customize>System Definitions and select Mac Pro 3,1 Then see if this boots correctly without giving you a Kernel Panic.

In safe mode open up MultiBeast and Navigate to Customize>System Definitions and select Mac Pro 3,1 Then see if this boots correctly without giving you a Kernel Panic.

Thank you so much man, everything is working out fine now! :):D:headbang::thumbup::clap: This whole thing would've taken me weeks without your patient help :):):)

Thank you so much man, everything is working out fine now! :):D:headbang::thumbup::clap: This whole thing would've taken me weeks without your patient help :):):)

You're welcome. Give yourself a pat on the back, going from Snow Leopard to Mavericks on a first attempt is pretty good going. Now I can get some sleep. :lol: Just kidding, Congrats and enjoy.

I can boot into Snow Leopard just fine on the 4702mq (haswell) using iBoot Haswell, and the apps seem to work fine, though the ethernet is broken. I understand "there is no support" for Snow Leopard, but is there any way to install something permanent to the hard drive so I don't have to use iBoot every time? I want to keep using Snow Leopard.

I tried to install Chimera 2.2.1 (which talks about Haswell support), but it didn't appear to do anything after installing it. Booting without iBoot crashed immediately (as it was doing before I downloaded iBoot Haswell). I know multibeast is the official solution, but the version marked for Snow Leopard hasn't been updated in a year so I assume there's no Haswell support.

I found a blog talking about copying iBoot to the hard drive. Would that work?

I can boot into Snow Leopard just fine on the 4702mq (haswell) using iBoot Haswell, and the apps seem to work fine, though the ethernet is broken. I understand "there is no support" for Snow Leopard, but is there any way to install something permanent to the hard drive so I don't have to use iBoot every time? I want to keep using Snow Leopard.

I tried to install Chimera 2.2.1 (which talks about Haswell support), but it didn't appear to do anything after installing it. Booting without iBoot crashed immediately (as it was doing before I downloaded iBoot Haswell). I know multibeast is the official solution, but the version marked for Snow Leopard hasn't been updated in a year so I assume there's no Haswell support.

I found a blog talking about copying iBoot to the hard drive. Would that work?

iBoot Haswell is designed for a kind of pre installation and only gets you to the Mac App Store on Haswell Machines. Is there any reason that you do not want to install Mavericks being that it is free. There is not a permanent solution for running Snow Leopard on Haswell hardware and guessing there never will be.

As I said, it seems to work fine if I use iboot Haswell to start it, so I'm not sure what's not supported. The only problem right now is the ethernet doesn't seem to be working, but I'm guessing that's because it was booted with iboot rather than in the normal way. You can't run Rosetta on Lion or later, so I'd like to keep it around. It looks like no one's going to help, though.

Back