Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Haswell Based PCs

Hi There

I'm attempting this but getting caught up at install with Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"

I am using the 10.6.3 retail SL DVD, and booting with the following commands:
-x -v -f PCIRootUID=0 ACPI=off GraphicsEnabler=No

My specs are:
MSI H87i Mini-ITX
Intel i3-4130
8Gb Corsair Vengeance
Kingston 120Gb SSD

Monitor is plugged in via onboard DVI

I'm going through this process in order to rebuild the Unibeast drive to install ML as it failed using the drive I built on a Macbook Air which I no longer have access to.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Used iBOOT + SL DVD to install but I can't get my Ethernet connection recognized to proceed to AppStore.

I have a GA-Z87x-UD5H board

Did everyone this has worked for have a wireless card?

To All who need it

Apple has re-released OSX Snow Leopard and is available for purchase.

This is the prefered version of OSX Snow Leopard as this version is 10.6.3
so no support for ATOM CPU's.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

Its only $20 USA currently. Shipping is included. It is available for foreign delivery as well.

So you're clear now ... and know what to do....as far as Snow Leopard is concerned.

Ethernet is unrecognized when I install Snow Leopard from DVD via iBoot for Haswell with the GA-787X-UD5H (and other Haswell models) this mobo has Intel i217V/Intel i210AT Intel Corporation Device 153b (rev 04) Intel Corporation Device 1533 (rev 03) DeviceID 0x153b8086 + 0x15338086 You'll ABSOLUTELY need to install a more recent AppleIntelE1000e.kext file to use onboard LAN to connect to the App Store. search for the 9/25/13 or later AppleIntelE1000e.kext file put it on you desktop, update to 10.6.8 and run KextBeast before rebooting. that will install com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (2.5.4) Now I must nap while Mountain Lion downloads :beachball:

Ethernet is unrecognized when I install Snow Leopard from DVD via iBoot for Haswell with the GA-Z787X-UD5H (and other Haswell models)
this mobo has Intel i217V/Intel i210AT

Intel Corporation Device 153b (rev 04) Intel Corporation Device 1533 (rev 03)

DeviceID 0x153b8086 + 0x15338086

You'll ABSOLUTELY need to install a more recent AppleIntelE1000e.kext file to use onboard LAN to connect to the App Store.

search for the 9/25/13 or later AppleIntelE1000e.kext file

put it on you desktop, update to 10.6.8 and run KextBeast before rebooting.

that will install com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (2.5.4)

Now I must nap while Mountain Lion downloads
:beachball:

Omnishambles
Thanks for posting your results and observations as to the problem you have had w the install.

I have been informed that this kext is the one we used in the iBoot Haswell Cd so Not sure how this problem developed for you.

Also If you would I believe that this is the link that you use to get that newer Kext what was used w KextBeast
If you can validate my findings then and let us know that we are on the same page.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_Lion/

Again this is for users who have issues w AppleIntelE1000 network NIC's and using Haswell hardware on Snow Leopard with OSX at 10.6.8.

We have tested the Haswell iBoot Cd and its reported to have this kext so we should not see issues.

And as always your mileage may vary.

- - - Updated - - -

Ethernet is unrecognized when I install Snow Leopard from DVD via iBoot for Haswell with the GA-Z787X-UD5H (and other Haswell models)
this mobo has Intel i217V/Intel i210AT

Intel Corporation Device 153b (rev 04) Intel Corporation Device 1533 (rev 03)

DeviceID 0x153b8086 + 0x15338086

You'll ABSOLUTELY need to install a more recent AppleIntelE1000e.kext file to use onboard LAN to connect to the App Store.

search for the 9/25/13 or later AppleIntelE1000e.kext file

put it on you desktop, update to 10.6.8 and run KextBeast before rebooting.

that will install com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (2.5.4)

Now I must nap while Mountain Lion downloads
:beachball:

Omnishambles
Thanks for posting your results and observations as to the problem you have had w the install.

I have been informed that this kext is the one we used in the iBoot Haswell Cd so Not sure how this problem developed for you.

Also If you would I believe that this is the link that you use to get that newer Kext what was used w KextBeast
If you can validate my findings then and let us know that we are on the same page.

Again this is for users who have issues w AppleIntelE1000 network NIC's and using Haswell hardware on Snow Leopard with OSX at 10.6.8.

We have tested the Haswell iBoot Cd and its reported to have this kext so we should not see issues.

I have exactly the same problem... Let me know if u found a solution/fix :)

I was thinking about something totally unrelated when the answer to your question popped into my head...maybe. I think I might have been booting in SAFE MODE for unrelated reasons. 1. If the ethernet kext isn't loaded in safe mode, 2. then maybe using kextbeast to install hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet was what i ended up doing ???

Omnishambles

Glad this was posted. Building mac for first time using Asus H87I-Plus MB and could not get onboard ethernet working. Tried to update kext but got error message (wasn't installed correctly); was going to purchase USB adapter until I went & deleted existing kext, rebooted and installed again with Kextbeast. Now works perfectly!

Up next - Mavericks.... :thumbup:

Back