Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Haswell Based PCs

Hello Tonymac

I am having issues with my hackintosh i installed mac osx snow leopard and then i have to update to 10.68 and i am not sure what to select in multibeast i tried many thing but the next time i try to boot i just get the whitescreen with the apple logo and no spinning sign.

And is there a way to get a certain wifi card (ASUS N15) to run under MAC OSX since there are no drivers out there.

Regards Anthony Boettcher

Hello Tonymac

I am having issues with my hackintosh i installed mac osx snow leopard and then i have to update to 10.68 and i am not sure what to select in multibeast i tried many thing but the next time i try to boot i just get the whitescreen with the apple logo and no spinning sign.

And is there a way to get a certain wifi card (ASUS N15) to run under MAC OSX since there are no drivers out there.

Regards Anthony Boettcher

You do not want to run Multibeast in SL only in ML or Mavericks.

Deleted. Thank you.

I just built my system (GA-Z87N-WIFI / i4770K) and tried to install SL today. Actually got the first install to work perfectly, but then didn't read everything and used multibeast after the combo update (instead of upgrading first). Realizing my mistake (and losing a lot of the functionality) I decided to start over.

Since starting over, I am unable to get past iBoot into the SL installation. (This happened the first time through, but simply using the PCIRootUID=1 switch fixed it. It doesn't work now). Based on the screenshot below, I tried the acpi=off switch also, but to no avail. I am really stumped as I said this worked perfectly this morning.

Any idea what is causing the Stop?

Attachments

• 20131221_122622.jpg
    20131221_122622.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 342
I just built my system (GA-Z87N-WIFI / i4770K) and tried to install SL today. Actually got the first install to work perfectly, but then didn't read everything and used multibeast after the combo update (instead of upgrading first). Realizing my mistake (and losing a lot of the functionality) I decided to start over.

Since starting over, I am unable to get past iBoot into the SL installation. (This happened the first time through, but simply using the PCIRootUID=1 switch fixed it. It doesn't work now). Based on the screenshot below, I tried the acpi=off switch also, but to no avail. I am really stumped as I said this worked perfectly this morning.

Any idea what is causing the Stop?

Did you format your hard drive and reset your BIOS. You do not need to run MultiBeast. Snow Leopard has no support for your hardware. This method is only to download Mavericks from the Mac App Store to create a bootable drive. For you to install OS X Mavericks.

I did reset the bios (and have been reading everything to see if I could figure out what would be causing it.. Reloaded the default BIOS and have set things to legacy / etc). I used windows to delete the partition on the drive, but can't get into drive tools to reformat / etc for the OSX install. The Kernel stop happens right after I switch to the SL DVD and hit enter. This is an install on its own SSD (so I disconnect all of the WIN8 Drives)

Not using Multibeast is the part I get now... I had the comboupdate installed and should have gone straight to the upgrade. I just don't understand why IBoot worked this morning and fails now.

Just realized that my picture is a little cut off... the error references the ACPI directory... that is why I tried the acpi=off switch but it doesn't change anything.

Played with it for a few more hours. I did get a little further once, but am now back in the same place. I noticed that when I put in the SL DVD, I get "Apple_HFS" most of the time and it fails. The one time it worked it actually showed OSX Install (or something like that).

I have been doing more searching and could my external DVD drive be the issue (strange that it worked perfectly once). I don't have a SATA DVD, sounds like I may have to get one?

Played with it for a few more hours. I did get a little further once, but am now back in the same place. I noticed that when I put in the SL DVD, I get "Apple_HFS" most of the time and it fails. The one time it worked it actually showed OSX Install (or something like that).

I have been doing more searching and could my external DVD drive be the issue (strange that it worked perfectly once). I don't have a SATA DVD, sounds like I may have to get one?

Had this exact same issue using my Samsung external DVD. Ended up borrowing an internal drive out of another PC temporarily to get it going. No problems after switching to the SATA drive.

Thanks Xclsyr! Went out and borrowed a SATA DVD and am now up and running on 10.9. Now I gotta get the audio fixed (on to the search engine)

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for your kind consideration for those who may need Snow Leopard installed on Haswell to deal with different situations. I have tried iBoot Haswell, but hanged in the language choosing phase. Both the keyboard and mouse were plugged in different USB port (either USB 3 or USB 2), but got no luck. Not sure if my system is not compatible. Hope there would be somebody could help.

MB: Gigabyte GA-H87M-D3H
CPU: i5-4430
Display: HD4600

Im having a similar issue with iboot ivy bridge. I'm running a

gigabyte ga-x79-ud3 motherboard,
16GB of ddr3 corsair ram,
2tb western digital hard drive,
i7-4820k Intel processor,
invidia evga e-geforce 8800 gts graphics card.

Using iboot ivy bridge and the retail copy of SL, it gets me to the language select screen, but this is where it ends. It seems to just hang there, I was able to move the mouse about 3 inches on the screen once or twice before it seemed to hang again. This is my first hackintosh build and i'm not sure whats causing this, any advice?

I tried using regular iboot and iboot legacy, but they did not get me this far or work for me.

Back