Contribute
Register

Install Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on Haswell Based PCs

Looks like input/output errors on the drive.
What does that mean? Any suggestions on how to fix? I tried installing on another new ssd and got similar errors.

What does that mean?
It's not ambiguous, it means what it says.
There are errors reading and writing to the disk.
Usually this would indicate a hardware problem.

It's not ambiguous, it means what it says.
There are errors reading and writing to the disk.
Usually this would indicate a hardware problem.
What troubleshoot steps do you recommend? I’ve already tried using a different/new hard disk.

What troubleshoot steps do you recommend? I’ve already tried using a different/new hard disk.
As previously stated usually this would indicate a hardware problem.
Could be the drive, could be the cables, at a pinch it could be BIOS settings.
I don't have enough information to make any other form of diagnosis.

As previously stated usually this would indicate a hardware problem.
Could be the drive, could be the cables, at a pinch it could be BIOS settings.
I don't have enough information to make any other form of diagnosis.
I attempted to replace the hardware with new SSD, new SATA cable, and tried multiple ports on the motherboard and all combinations yielded similar errors and then hanging up into a restart rather than installation. If it is a BIOS setting issue would @P1LGRIM /anyone else have an idea of what I might be able to change or do differently?

I created a video of the full load up of the installation so all the errors can be seen and posted on youtube here:

Last edited:
I attempted to replace the hardware with new SSD, new SATA cable, and tried multiple ports on the motherboard and all combinations yielded similar errors and then hanging up into a restart rather than installation. If it is a BIOS setting issue would @P1LGRIM /anyone else have an idea of what I might be able to change or do differently?

I created a video of the full load up of the installation so all the errors can be seen and posted on youtube here:
When you play your video can you read the text on the screen? All I see is so small and out of focus it is impossible to read.

@Going Bald, Yes but if you watch the video on youtube you can increase the resolution and watch it in a maximized screen. Then you can read the errors.

Back