CPU
Intel i5 4690K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 FTW
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've spent spent almost 3 (three) weeks trying to get two install El Capitan. While I've successfully installed it, downloading one wrong thing breaks the OS and have to start over. Usual bootflags like -x, -v or nv_disable=1 no longer work. I want to find an older version of OS X that is easier to install or at least, less of a hassle to troubleshoot. I still have my install disc for Snow Leopard 10.6.6 and I was wondering if it's still possible to use this method on newer hardware. Is a CD/DVD method like this still possible in 2016?

My PC hardware is:
1TB SSHD
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
Intel i5 4690K
EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW
Antec HCG-520M PSU
LG CD/DVD Reader
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-install-mac-os-x-on-a-pc-without-using-a-mac/

Has someone else found it easier to install some other version of OS X than El Capitan? I just want to start using my hackintosh already. It's been almost a month and I still can't get this thing to work correctly.

I've spent spent almost 3 (three) weeks trying to get two install El Capitan. While I've successfully installed it, downloading one wrong thing breaks the OS and have to start over. Usual bootflags like -x, -v or nv_disable=1 no longer work. I want to find an older version of OS X that is easier to install or at least, less of a hassle to troubleshoot. I still have my install disc for Snow Leopard 10.6.6 and I was wondering if it's still possible to use this method on newer hardware. Is a CD/DVD method like this still possible in 2016?

My PC hardware is:
1TB SSHD
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
Intel i5 4690K
EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW

Has someone else found it easier to install some other version of OS X than El Capitan? I just want to start using my hackintosh already. It's been almost a month and I still can't get this thing to work correctly.
You hardware has no support in the Snow Leopard kernel, so it will never boot from HDD and many functions do not work even with the modified kernel in iBoot Haswell that allows you to install 10.6 so you can get the App Store and download El Capitan. In fact, Mavericks would have a hard time as it does not have full support for Haswell.
If you want an easier time of it with 10.11, use a GTX740 or an ATI GPU that is natively supported. GPUs that require web drivers are a PITA and are worthless every time you update until nVidia releases a new driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back