Contribute
Register

Install Mac is high Sierra (10.13) without erasing windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro I got a laptop - Asus Q500A . I won't mind to practice the installation on it . I tried to install it but when I reached installation after the apple logo . It showed me Mouse Button or something like that and could not move my cursor . Yes my bootable Mac os is of UEFI setting but my mother board is legacy . U can check specs of my laptop . Can u help me with this first what can I do ?
from the guide, you can press the space bar to get rid of that message

hook up a USB mouse and you might need USB keyboard if it's not detecting your laptop keyboard.

I had to do the same on my ASUS for first install.
Big issue . I had 4 partitions on my laptop . So I formatted one of those . And the format got failed . After I tried to log on to windows . It said no operating system lol . What to do !

Attachments

• 1519233826934-512699555.jpg
    1519233826934-512699555.jpg
    899.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
you should have checked which partition was doing what before format, usually with windows disk management utility. Sometimes you can also tell by sizes you see as well.

You will have to launch laptop recover (try F12, F8, F10) and reinstall Windows.

you should have checked which partition was doing what before format, usually with windows disk management utility. Sometimes you can also tell by sizes you see as well.

You will have to launch laptop recover (try F12, F8, F10) and reinstall Windows.
It's ok bro . I just have windows 10 dvd and first merged all the partition and then went to CMD and formatted it to GPT . And then installed Mac Os High Sierra .

But the Problem is that My WiFi isn't showing , sound not working , inbuilt keyboard and touchpad is also not working . Have to use them with external keyboard and mouse . Also the clover is not installed even if I selected Legacy Glover install in Multibeast . I have to put my usb to boot in Mac os everytime.

My laptop - Asus Q500A . Please help .

Thanks !

Last edited:
Glad you got it back.

Yes none of that stuff (trackpad, sound, wifi, keyboard backlight, screen brightness control, sleep, HDMI video out, etc..) will work without further research & patching. A laptop build is much more complex and difficult compared to say a desktop build.

These links are must reads:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

For my recent ASUS UX430 build it took me 3.5 weeks to finally get to a workable stage, and only because I read similar threads with laptops or issues as I was having. rehabman and others were a great help, but getting it to work is something you can only do yourself.

Here is my thread outlining my progress over the 3 weeks to get my laptop working,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...kaby-lake-r-alc294.243618/page-3#post-1697316

Since you were originally trying to do a desktop build, and now you know more about the partitions and stuff you might want to just go back to your desktop build and leave a laptop build for perhaps your second one. If you are lucky though, someone might have written a good guide for your laptop on these forums. Try to search for it and see.

Good luck with whatever you decide, hackingtosh is fun, interesting, and best of all cheaper than buying a Mac :headbang:

Glad you got it back.

Yes none of that stuff (trackpad, sound, wifi, keyboard backlight, screen brightness control, sleep, HDMI video out, etc..) will work without further research & patching. A laptop build is much more complex and difficult compared to say a desktop build.

These links are must reads:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

For my recent ASUS UX430 build it took me 3.5 weeks to finally get to a workable stage, and only because I read similar threads with laptops or issues as I was having. rehabman and others were a great help, but getting it to work is something you can only do yourself.

Here is my thread outlining my progress over the 3 weeks to get my laptop working,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...kaby-lake-r-alc294.243618/page-3#post-1697316

Since you were originally trying to do a desktop build, and now you know more about the partitions and stuff you might want to just go back to your desktop build and leave a laptop build for perhaps your second one. If you are lucky though, someone might have written a good guide for your laptop on these forums. Try to search for it and see.

Good luck with whatever you decide, hackingtosh is fun, interesting, and best of all cheaper than buying a Mac :headbang:

Yes there is a tread but it's not helpful for me because it doest not have any information about the drivers . The main thing is drivers that it I want .
BTW THANKS BRO U HELP ME ALOT :)

Hackintosh is not about drivers, it's more about patches / edits to config.plist and DSDT/SSDT.... Plus knowing which kexts to use and copy to your system.

Just read threads over and over, eventually it will start to make sense.

Glad I can help you a bit, cheers,

Hackintosh is not about drivers, it's more about patches / edits to config.plist and DSDT/SSDT.... Plus knowing which kexts to use and copy to your system.

Just read threads over and over, eventually it will start to make sense.

Glad I can help you a bit, cheers,
Suddenly after installing my tenda usb drivers , after restart the clover boot stuck at DOES PRINTF WORK . What is this and how do i fix. Please say me easy fix . I dont even know what a kext is lol

Last edited:
It
not sure. best to start a new thread in version of OSX section you are running.
got fixed automatically ;) lol . Can u explain me what a kext is and how can u realate it with windows so i can understand and what people mean when they say install kext and all . Simple words pls .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back