Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,
well I wanted to come back to the hackintosh community. I just got a new ThinkPad x230 for college and obviously I would like to give mac os x a try. There are already similar topics for this type of machine I know, but I have some questions on my specific setup.
ThinkPad x230
I5-3320m
Intel hd 4000
12Gb DRR3
120 Samsung SSD (for my windows 7 pro)
32gb Msata SSD (which would be for the hackintosh)
So how would I install macosx only to the msata ssd and be able to choose between the two operating systems on boot up. Would I just have to follow a charmeleon installation guide and just install snow leopard on the 32gb ssd?

I would like to experiment with the OS with the 32 gb ss before I upgrade to larger one. There is big working progress on this type of machine.

Answers are much appreciated.
Cheers

Beacon 

Well I made my first efforts:

-Burn Iboot 3.3
-Took out the main ssd (samsung 120GB)
disabled usb 3.0
hooked up the usb drive with iboot
boot from iboot
insert retail 10.6
Thats where it fails
I press f5 (also with -x / -v as boot flags)
and I can briefly see the white osx screen. Then it crashs.

the last entry with booting (-v mode) was starting darwinx86

thanks for any advice

Beacon1993, I have an x230 and would like to install retail Snow Leopard on an Mstata SSD. How did it work out for you? I know this thread is old, so I understand if I don't hear back.

Beacon1993, I have an x230 and would like to install retail Snow Leopard on an Mstata SSD. How did it work out for you? I know this thread is old, so I understand if I don't hear back.

Snow Leopard has no support for Ivy Bridge CPUs/HD4000.

Thanks very much for the quick reply, RehabMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back