Radeon RX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
PARTS LIST: https://imgur.com/a/CptRl
TUTORIAL FOLLOWED:

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it - *DISABLED
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it - *DISABLED
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it - *COULD NOT FIND/NOT IN SYSTEM
6. Set OS Type to Other OS - *COULD NOT FIND/NOT IN SYSTEM
7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it - *COULD NOT FIND/NOT IN SYSTEM
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled - *ENABLED
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0 - *PRETTY SURE THIS DOES NOT APPLY
10. Save and exit.

I am doing a clover install on Samsung SSD so I can later install WIN10 on my Atdata 240SSD

I've completed "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra"

My next step is "Boot macOS from MACINTOSH" (MACINTOSH being the Samsung SSD).
My issue is that once I press enter it goes to the Apple Logo in the center of the screen and hangs. I've only let it sit for about ten minutes before I restart, I'm not sure if I am not giving it enough time to do whatever its doing.

This is my first Hackintosh, I am at a loss, let me know if you need more information so i can help you help me! also currently trying to figure out -v/verbose. Thank You! Happy Friday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
ROG Strix Z270F Gaming
CPU
i7-7700k
Graphics
Power Color RX580 8GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm also getting a boot freeze screen at the Apple logo when it's about 80%. I can tell it locks up because I can only reboot via the reset button on my case and I can see a small artifact glitch on the screen hinting to me that it locked up. Am I allowed to post a verbose screen shot via my phone or would need to create a bootlog of sort?

Thank You
Bobacola

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
@tapeboxparts, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Am I allowed to post a verbose screen shot via my phone or would need to create a bootlog of sort?
Don't hijack another user's thread - Start your own.

Motherboard
ASRock z370 Gaming ITX a/c
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Radeon RX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm also getting a boot freeze screen at the Apple logo when it's about 80%. I can tell it locks up because I can only reboot via the reset button on my case and I can see a small artifact glitch on the screen hinting to me that it locked up. Am I allowed to post a verbose screen shot via my phone or would need to create a bootlog of sort?

Thank You
Bobacola
i think your phone would be fine. but i am being told on my reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/86p9d8/install_keeps_hanging_at_apple_logo/) to adjust settings in clover configurator.

Motherboard
ASRock z370 Gaming ITX a/c
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Radeon RX 470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since for some reason i cant edit this post and upload this image due to a spam message, ill post my verbose here.
IMG_1030.jpg

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac