Contribute
Register

Install High Sierra Public Beta to a new partition (APFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every update has come with an updated EFI driver. Mac firmware loads the latest version from the boot disk.
Downloaded the toot and am trying to extract the apfs.efi file from the "Install macOS High Sierra Beta" bundle, it is missing, because SharedSupport has ostensibly been removed.
It must be somewhere else but so far I could not find it :) Will try and find BaseSystem.dmg because I believe if it still exists it will be there.
Greets

Downloaded the toot and am trying to extract the apfs.efi file from the "Install macOS High Sierra Beta" bundle, it is missing, because SharedSupport has ostensibly been removed.
It must be somewhere else but so far I could not find it :) Will try and find BaseSystem.dmg because I believe if it still exists it will be there.
Greets
Latest files

Edit: 17A355a App Store bundle: SharedSupport, BaseSystem.dmg and the APFS EFI driver still in the same locations

Last edited:
Latest files

Edit: 17A355a App Store bundle: SharedSupport, BaseSystem.dmg and the APFS EFI driver still in the same locations
So far unsuccessful, not giving up yet. Will be away from base tomorrow, will tackle this again on Thursday. You are referring to App Store bundle: but I am getting mine from my developer account, which is one step ahead, or so I think. That may perhaps be the problem. Will investigate Thursday or Friday.
Greets

Thanks a lot yet not knowing how to proceed from here
Started a new download, this time it's size is 5.16 gig, the previous one was only 3.01 gig. This I fail to understand. Both obtained after logging in to my developer account. Strange things happen in strange places !

Thanks a lot yet not knowing how to proceed from here
Started a new download, this time it's size is 5.16 gig, the previous one was only 3.01 gig. This I fail to understand. Both obtained after logging in to my developer account. Strange things happen in strange places !
Latest files

Finally managed to upgrade from HS 17A352a on APFS to HS 17A358a on APFS.
The update that I received from Apple via the normal route did not cut it. It was only 3.01 gig. in size without me being able to extract apfs.efi. Subsequently I downloaded HS DB8 via my dev. account, created a new USB installer, added the newly extracted apfs.efi to the USB "drivers64UEFI" folder. Subsequently I did a conventional install over my HS 17A352a with this latest USB installer. No problems during installation. On completion there is a new "File vault pre boot Clover menu option" Will investigate at a later stage what that is all about. After this update I lost the ability to activate sound via Multibeast 9.2 as I was able to do when still on HS 17A352a. Will however also attend to this one only after the HS beta phase has come to an end. Upgraded both my Haswell and Skylake based systems. Presently there is nothing that the upgraded HS systems offer that entices me using them on a daily basis. Staying with Sierra, for the time being at least. Greets

Greets
Hey,sorry for asking this stupid question that is not releated to this thread,but it's too important to me and I couldn't find a solution ,can you please help me in extracting the new dmg APFS files,I need to extract ipsw ios11 dmg file.all previous apps and ways that support HFS files doesn't work with the new APFS dmg files.
thank you.

Hey,sorry for asking this stupid question that is not releated to this thread,but it's too important to me and I couldn't find a solution ,can you please help me in extracting the new dmg APFS files,I need to extract ipsw ios11 dmg file.all previous apps and ways that support HFS files doesn't work with the new APFS dmg files.
thank you.
Read vulgo's comment in #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back