Contribute
Register

Install High Sierra (or Mojove) after Windows install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,
I have just a basic question, would be possible to install OSX if a Windows is already installed and functioning?
Because I am not able to do it, let's explain what is happened, I have had High Sierra installed than I installed Windows everything worked correctly then I messed up something with High Sierra was not able to boot anymore, I decided to do fresh install, a created an install media and run the installer after the installer did a reboot there was no High Sierra option in Clover even if I use the installer media only windows and the installer is visible.
What should I do? I am thinking to start everything from the beginning with a complete drive erase.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi guys,
I have just a basic question, would be possible to install OSX if a Windows is already installed and functioning?
Because I am not able to do it, let's explain what is happened, I have had High Sierra installed than I installed Windows everything worked correctly then I messed up something with High Sierra was not able to boot anymore, I decided to do fresh install, a created an install media and run the installer after the installer did a reboot there was no High Sierra option in Clover even if I use the installer media only windows and the installer is visible.
What should I do? I am thinking to start everything from the beginning with a complete drive erase.
Thanks in advance for your help!

My own limited experience suggests that you should temporarily disconnect the Windows drive before installing High Sierra, and vice versa, to prevent any possibility that either OS installation program writing anything to the other drive to mess it up.

My own limited experience suggests that you should temporarily disconnect the Windows drive before installing High Sierra, and vice versa, to prevent any possibility that either OS installation program writing anything to the other drive to mess it up.
Thanks your answer, unfortunately it was not possible because I have only one NVME driver installed, a Samung 970 EVO Plus 500Gb, because my idea was to divide this disk to 250-250Gb and use one part for Osx and the other for Win.
In the last days I have deleted complatelly this drive (Win also) and tried the complate drive (500Gb) to use it for High Sierra or Mojave, but I was not able to install any of them.
But than last night I found this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/do-the-samsung-970-evo-plus-drives-work-spoiler-alert-no-they-dont.270757/
So I have decided to put back my old NVME drive, Samsung 960 EVO 250Gb, and than I was immidiatelly successful to install HS. (unfortunately Mojave install still not work, today I will try to install HS again and do an update to Mojave)
If I am ready with all of these I will try to install Win on EVO 970 Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back