Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-F9
CPU
i5
Graphics
GT 430
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello , I made a USB High Sierra.

I’m trying to install on my computer, but having a right nightmare.

Its now stuck on loading operating system.

I did manage to upgrade my Yosemite to El Capitan . But now that beast won’t load from hard drive . It gets to clover screen but that’s it .

Any thoughts on how to install this High Sierra? I’m hoping some BIOS settings will save me.

Hello, is my hardware compatible for high Sierra? Or would I need to update my graphics card?
I’m using an old clover on El Capitan. But can’t get past pci configuration

Hello, is my hardware compatible for high Sierra? Or would I need to update my graphics card?
I’m using an old clover on El Capitan. But can’t get past pci configuration

View attachment 407503

Hi there.

You don't say what GPU you are using so it is hard to advise. Maybe update your hardware Profile with a bit more detail (see the Rules). :thumbup:

How have you set up your boot previously? Legacy? There is a DSDT in the archives here for just your motherboard.

Which System Definition are you using? Some get deprecated with each macOS update.

Once you post more, folk can try to help.

:)

Last edited:
Hi sorry I’m using my phone to post so couldn’t see my information . Thought I’d put it all in , I’m very limited on my knowledge. I had Yosemite running , then updated to El Capitan, but I could only get it to boot from usb making it a legacy usb stick . If that makes sense ?

Hi sorry I’m using my phone to post so couldn’t see my information . Thought I’d put it all in , I’m very limited on my knowledge. I had Yosemite running , then updated to El Capitan, but I could only get it to boot from usb making it a legacy usb stick . If that makes sense ?

Have you tried Safe Mode?

Boot with the "-x" command (at Clover menu spacebar to get the options)

With any luck this should get you booting but without many of the drivers you need, loading.

Once at the desktop you can begin to add things back... Let us know.

Last edited:
Have you tried Safe Mode?

Boot with the "-x" command (at Clover menu spacebar to get the options)

With any luck this should get you booting but without many of the drivers you need, loading.

Once at the desktop you can begin to add things back... Let us know.

I have tried , but I can’t type anything . I hit space bar and a menu of options pop up. I then pick safe mode . I’ve tried is in verbose mode also . The screen shot above was in safe mode , getting stuck on pci configuration

I messed around further with the limited options I have in clover (as I cannot type anything ) and got this
8CB539DB-6533-4A46-BFBD-C1F9B4212F83.jpeg
8CB539DB-6533-4A46-BFBD-C1F9B4212F83.jpeg

I have tried , but I can’t type anything . I hit space bar and a menu of options pop up. I then pick safe mode . I’ve tried is in verbose mode also . The screen shot above was in safe mode , getting stuck on pci configuration

I messed around further with the limited options I have in clover (as I cannot type anything ) and got this View attachment 407682

So is it a wired USB keyboard or wireless?

If wired then it seems as though you are losing USB during boot ...

Okay, so going back to basics:

Did you create a legacy UniBeast installer flash-drive for High Sierra as per this guide?

If so double-check your BIOS settings and then try booting to it. Don't start an install and don't try to boot the main drive. Your USB drive should show up in the Clover menu on the far left as "External". Select it and let the installer load. It might take a few minutes. Can you get as far as the language selection screen? If so does you keyboard work here?

Hi there, it’s a wired keyboard and mouse .
I did use the unibeast legacy (chap with the beard) , I’ve made 3 different sticks , but all 3 get stuck on loading operating system .

When I try and boot elcapitan (which is on my hardrive) the keyboard works .

Thank you for the help and the replies

After endless tweaking of the bios , I got to this . Then booted with the option , without caches or injected kexts and it loaded El Capitan

Attachments

• 9EBABDF0-9C7B-4EDD-83AD-9FA725770E4F.jpeg
    9EBABDF0-9C7B-4EDD-83AD-9FA725770E4F.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back