Register

Install Help! Gigabyte z390m Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i5 9600k
This is my first post, so go easy on me if I ask a stupid question. First time trying to build hackintosh, have read several posts, took my time to follow install guide for fresh Mojave install. I can boot to the clover boot menu, select my USB, get the Apple logo and install progress bar, about 1/2 way through the install the Apple logo disappears and the "Prohibitory Sign" pops up. About every 20-30 seconds the Prohibitory Sign flashes then back to static like it is still trying to load.

System:
Gigabyte z390m Gaming
i5 9600k
Vengance LPX 2x8GB 3000 RAM
Samsung EVO 970 500GB nVME (new)
Using onboard video

Note: the motherboard only has USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports, have read this may be an issue. Followed the settings in another post that used the same MOBO and no luck, still the same outcome.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Followed the Mojave install guide on this site for BIOS settings. Put MultiBeast and the following kexts into on the installer usb (AppleALC, FakeSMC, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, USBInjectAll, WhateverGreen, XHCI-unsupported). At a dead end. Reading several posts and going down different "rabbit holes" with the same result.

Come across others with issues installing using the "recommended" Gigabyte z390m gaming board.

Attached is my compressed Clover file.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 45
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back