Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, so this is my first post on the tonymacx86 forums and I NEED to post in order to get my Hackintosh up and running.
I am trying to get a system dual booted with Windows 10/Yosemite, but that is not really working out for me.
Wait, before I say anything else: This is a laptop (ASUS X401A specifically) and here are the specs:
  • Intel Pentium (2.3 GHz)
  • 4 GB Memory
  • Intel HD Graphics
All I could really find.

First, I tried to boot alone, no safe mode, no verbose mode, nothing. I got hung up at the Apple logo.
Secondly, I tried to use -v, got hung up at [PCI Configuration End, bridges 4, devices 13].
Next, I used a thing I found on the forums, the boot tag -v tscsync npci=2000 (and 3000). I got a different error, SMC: successfully initialized.
Finally, I just tried verbose with safe mode, (-v -x). I got this: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod start.

TL;DR: I'm trying to dual boot Yosemite and got hung up at this error: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod start. Please help!

PS: There was this thing that stuck out from the jumble of text, I think it might be important:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC] : The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC] : _ZN23AppleACPIPlatformExpert26getSystemStateFor.. I forgot

Sorry if this is really n00by, this is my first Hackintosh.

Hey, so this is my first post on the tonymacx86 forums and I NEED to post in order to get my Hackintosh up and running.
I am trying to get a system dual booted with Windows 10/Yosemite, but that is not really working out for me.
Wait, before I say anything else: This is a laptop (ASUS X401A specifically) and here are the specs:
  • Intel Pentium (2.3 GHz)
  • 4 GB Memory
  • Intel HD Graphics
All I could really find.

First, I tried to boot alone, no safe mode, no verbose mode, nothing. I got hung up at the Apple logo.
Secondly, I tried to use -v, got hung up at [PCI Configuration End, bridges 4, devices 13].
Next, I used a thing I found on the forums, the boot tag -v tscsync npci=2000 (and 3000). I got a different error, SMC: successfully initialized.
Finally, I just tried verbose with safe mode, (-v -x). I got this: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod start.

TL;DR: I'm trying to dual boot Yosemite and got hung up at this error: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeDataless kmod start. Please help!

PS: There was this thing that stuck out from the jumble of text, I think it might be important:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC] : The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleACPIEC] : _ZN23AppleACPIPlatformExpert26getSystemStateFor.. I forgot

Sorry if this is really n00by, this is my first Hackintosh.

Intel Pentium CPUs are not supported. Core 2, Core i3, i5, i7 are supported you will need to replace your CPU to something that is supported. Intel HD Graphics are not supported. HD 3000, 4000 etc are.

Intel Pentium CPUs are not supported. Core 2, Core i3, i5, i7 are supported you will need to replace your CPU to something that is supported. Intel HD Graphics are not supported. HD 3000, 4000 etc are.
First of all, thank you for responding so early. I do actually have HD 3000, It was just a typo there. I will try to find a computer to install OS X on because I want to continue this project :p Kinda sad that I can't do it on my main laptop D:

First of all, thank you for responding so early. I do actually have HD 3000, It was just a typo there. I will try to find a computer to install OS X on because I want to continue this project :p Kinda sad that I can't do it on my main laptop D:

If your laptop has Intel HD3000 then it will either be a core i3, i5 or i7 CPU which means OS X will work. Take a look at this. http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Last edited:
Intel Pentium B970 doesn't have HD 3000 its only has HD Graphics. Recommend booting up Linux from a USB and running. cat /proc/cpuinfo

Last edited:
As I said, I think Windows 10 is wrong.

Download Ubuntu and make a bootable USB once you've booted go into terminal in Linux and look at the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo

Sorry for my procrastination, but I'm burning Ubuntu to a flash drive right now. Gonna post back in 15-20 minutes (My computer is kinda slow)

Sorry for my procrastination, but I'm burning Ubuntu to a flash drive right now. Gonna post back in 15-20 minutes (My computer is kinda slow)

Remember. There's no need to install Ubuntu. You can just boot into the desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back