Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V3 (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I followed "Section 9" to the letter, but unfortunately it does not fix my audio problem. If i switch to "headphone" and back to HDMI, the sound is ok. But then, a few minutes later, the problem occur again...

Hi,

I followed "Section 9" to the letter, but unfortunately it does not fix my audio problem. If i switch to "headphone" and back to HDMI, the sound is ok. But then, a few minutes later, the problem occur again...

It may be something to do with your receiver then. The posted guide works flawlessly here, without the sound issues you describe.

Hi WonkeyDonkey,

I followed your advice and upgraded to Yosemite last night. As I didn't want to lose my programs and settings, I simply installed on top of my Mavericks install, following your guide otherwise. Not sure if due to that, but it went a bit more difficult than Mavericks, with multiple freezes and grey screens in the process regardless of boot flags, but in the end, I got it all more or less working, with the exception of a few glitches that bother me:

First, I get an odd artifact at startup. The apple logo and progress bar appear for about 3 seconds, then the screen blinks and I get a sort of washed out screen with six apple logos made up of thin lines and greyed-out progress bars (not moving), and another progress bar in the middle, this one moves for another 3-5 seconds, then it disappears and I'm presented with the normal desktop.

Second, for whatever reason, the multibeast trim patch never works for me (my SSD shows as NO trim support in system report), so I normally use Trim Enabler, which is now disabled; should I let it disable kext signing globally? I hear that may cause trouble in the end. Ideally, I'd like to get the trim patch working as it should.

Finally, my WiFi card is no longer recognized, of which I already posted in Toleda's thread.

It's things like these that kept me from updating to Yosemite in the past - I was getting terrible freezes when trying 10.10.2 a couple of months back with my other system (built to TonyMac spec). Hope this is all minor and temporary. Thanks again for your tremendous work.

Excellent guide, thanks for everything you've put together here.

Does anyone else get a fuzzy video for a couple of seconds when getting their display out of sleep? It is not permanent or requiring a reboot but I get a grey fuzz for a bit before it snaps back to the lock screen to login. Not sure what is causing it.

Hey WonkeyDonkey,
I was able to sort out all except this:

Second, for whatever reason, the multibeast trim patch never works for me (my SSD shows as NO trim support in system report), so I normally use Trim Enabler, which is now disabled; should I let it disable kext signing globally? I hear that may cause trouble in the end. Ideally, I'd like to get the trim patch working as it should.

Reading about it provides conflicting information, and I believe kext signing is already disabled in plist, isn't it? what is the best course of action you'd recommend? Thanks!

Hey WonkeyDonkey,
I was able to sort out all except this:

Reading about it provides conflicting information, and I believe kext signing is already disabled in plist, isn't it? what is the best course of action you'd recommend? Thanks!

Trim Enabler will work just fine. You can also do this manually from the command line, just dont do both at the same time.

Hi.

I did everything by 'the book', but my wifi does not seem to work.

Everything else is fine

Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back