Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V3 (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated to 10.10.3! Thanks for the update!!!!

If this
Still waiting for root device

Then
-v USBBusFix=Yes UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0

If this
can't find /system/library/kernels/mach_kernel
press a key to continue...

Then
bash-3.2# cp -v '/Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel' '/Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/mach_kernel'

REFERENCES

If you plan to update you previous Hackintosh install (<10.10) without formating
you should do this while in rescue terminal (after booting with USB)

bash-3.2# mv -v '/Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext' '/Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext-old'
bash-3.2# mv -v '/Volumes/Yosemite/Extra' '/Volumes/Yosemite/Extra-old'
bash-3.2# cp -vR '/Volumes/USB/Extra' '/Volumes/Yosemite/'
bash-3.2# cp -v '/Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel' '/Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel'
bash-3.2# cp -v '/Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel' '/Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/mach_kernel'

Reboot with USB and select Yosemite space and enter this :
-v UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=0D220003 maxmem=4096 PCIRootUID=0

If you plan to update you previous Hackintosh install (<10.10) without formating
you should do this while in rescue terminal (after booting with USB)

Reboot with USB and select Yosemite space and enter this :

You should consider what you are posting; most of this is in the guide in the correct places, and we do not copy 'kernel' to 'mach_kernel' at any point as well as having the correctly named kernel.

Hey WonkeyDonkey,

any chance for that update regarding a clean 10.10.3 install, having deadbeef errors and no ideas left what to do

IMG_1328.jpg

how long from start to finish does this actually take? looks like 8 to 10 hours of work?

You do not appear to be following the guide anyway.

Sorry WonkeyDonkey,

i tried to follow the guide to the letter, but please tell me where i have left the path ... it was not my intention to annoy anyone, maybe i took the screenshot during one of my misguided attempts to fix a problem?!

Anyway, would be nice if you could give me a quick heads-up on what i did wrong ...

Hi,

I have a fully working Intel NUC Yosemite with your tutorial, but i have a strange issue with HDMI audio to my Yamaha receiver. I use an DP to HDMI adapter with a regular HDMI cable to my receiver (fyi).

First the sound is normal, normal volume and no issue, but after a few seconds (sometimes minutes) the sound is turning slowly in a scrambled disordered sound, where voices sound like robots. After a few seconds/minutes the sound stops. I know, it sounds weird, but i can't explain it otherwise.

Do you have any idea what problem this is?

Regards

Hokkie

Hi,

I have a fully working Intel NUC Yosemite with your tutorial, but i have a strange issue with HDMI audio to my Yamaha receiver. I use an DP to HDMI adapter with a regular HDMI cable to my receiver (fyi).

First the sound is normal, normal volume and no issue, but after a few seconds (sometimes minutes) the sound is turning slowly in a scrambled disordered sound, where voices sound like robots. After a few seconds/minutes the sound stops. I know, it sounds weird, but i can't explain it otherwise.

Do you have any idea what problem this is?

Regards

Hokkie

This is indicative of an old sound problem we had with the NUC for a while. Revisit Section 9 of the guide, paying particular attention to the audio midi channel settings. This should fix the issue you are having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back