Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

Awesome,

Where did you buy it?
Receive as a samples...

Hello everybody,

I'm currently planing to build a NUC i3 (D34010WYK) with this guide.

Is there anything else other than making an own SSDT.aml to notice,
when this guide will be used for this model?

I've understood that the BIOS may be downgraded to the specified revision (0028),
as the kits are already being shipped with the newest revision (0030)?

I would very appreciate any of your advices :)

Hello All,

Very very strange issue all of a sudden, Got home from vacation and my extern usb drives were nto mounted, so I restarted the computer only to be stuck at the apple logo, when I boot verbose mode I get stuck as well at "VM Swap Subsystem On" the strangest part is the computer is still running for the most part, I use my NUC as a server so while it does not run headless, it really could. So while I am either frozen on the apple logo or stuck in verbose with "VM Swap Subsystem On", I can still remote into the computer on my other hackintosh and do what I want and 90 percent of the programs are still running. I would really like to get it back to full working order though, any thoughts?!?

thanks

WonkeyDonkey: Sorry to hear that your NUC died. Makes one wonder about the quality...

Meanwhile, I got my NUC running Mavericks using Minihack's guide and Clover to get around the kernel problem. It's been working hard over the last several days as a media server.

I will continue to monitor this site for your updated guide. I would like to give it a try when you have time.

Best,

Gene

hello can someone help me to remove this. I accidentally installed windows 8 on my nuc with mavericks on it on another partition. I remove it, but the "uefi startup" its still there.
Btw its in spanish
look at the attachment.

bump

OK, so I was able to get the 10.9.5 .app via another source and have created the USB. But I am getting the same exact error during installation - see screen shot on my earlier post. My only difference that I can see is that I am on BIOS 0030 and not 0028. I have followed everything else to the letter.

Just want to confirm that overhere the NUC also works with the Latest BIOS version .033

He Guys.

THANKS FOR THE INSTALL GUIDE. AWESOME.

I did the Installation on a NUC and run at my first try.
I got 2 Problems with OSX.

1. When i start the Plex Home Theatre and play a full HD Video is there no Sound.
I am playing it directly from the Plex Media Server and the Sound would play.

What is the Reason for this Problem.

2. When The nuc goes in the sleepmode and i wake it up.
The lan connection is missing and i must start it new.

What about the chameleon start Screen, can i create a autorun or is it normal
That i must hit the return button on the keyboard.

I try all options for the Sound but nothing Works.

Thank You!! Thank You!!

Did not have to follow your guide exactly since I already had a Mavericks 9.5 install on a hard drive. I picked it up from the point you started working with the installation itself. I did need to add PCIRootUID=1 . I am using this for a lighting console. Now Win 7 is working perfectly but I rather OS X. Touch screen works with Yosemite but does not seem to work with Mavericks. Can I update to Yosemite or are there touch screen drivers for Mavericks.?

Thank You Bob

I tried to install security Update 2015-001. It caused the Intel NUC to continuously reboot after the update. I wonder if anyone else has experienced similar problems?

Onidori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back