Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V2

Hi anyone who can possibly help,

I managed to stuff up my install when I tried to update to YOSEMITE. I did get to a point, where I got into the OS but with a TON of lag and graphical issues.
I now cant even start a bootable Flashdrive without any errors, my NUC has been sitting for a month now, and I'm so close to giving up, I keep getting kernel panics, the latest one being for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but Im not sure what to do any more.
My NUC is a DC32171YE. I have had success adapting to this guide for 10.9, but I'm running out of patience with 10.10

Does anybody have any tips or more of a clue? I can post pics if needed

Thanks

You should probably follow the most recent version of the guide, using 10.9.5.

OK, so I was able to get the 10.9.5 .app via another source and have created the USB. But I am getting the same exact error during installation - see screen shot on my earlier post. My only difference that I can see is that I am on BIOS 0030 and not 0028. I have followed everything else to the letter.

Hi,

Thanks for the great pains you went into documenting each step, I really appreciate it. I have a NUC D54250WYK + 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3L Crucial RAM + 240GB mSATA and everything worked(even audio over HDMI!)

However, I noticed that whenever the NUC wakes up from sleep, I lose Network connectivity(I use ethernet). WHen checking Network settings, I see a Red circle with "Not Connected" written underneath the Ethernet Service.

I tried unplugging and replugging the CAT5, I also tried removing and re-installing the driver via Multibeast to no avail.

A reboot will always fix it, however.

Any tips on how I could get wake from sleep to work?

Thanks in advance!

TacoPartyPack

Hi,

Thanks for the great pains you went into documenting each step, I really appreciate it. I have a NUC D54250WYK + 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3L Crucial RAM + 240GB mSATA and everything worked(even audio over HDMI!)

However, I noticed that whenever the NUC wakes up from sleep, I lose Network connectivity(I use ethernet). WHen checking Network settings, I see a Red circle with "Not Connected" written underneath the Ethernet Service.

I tried unplugging and replugging the CAT5, I also tried removing and re-installing the driver via Multibeast to no avail.

A reboot will always fix it, however.

Any tips on how I could get wake from sleep to work?

Thanks in advance!

TacoPartyPack

I think you can try different version kexts for the ethernet, some others have had more luck with older versions generally. Not sure if it will fix your specific issue, but worth a try.

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie concerning the installation of yosemite on intel nuc d54250wykh. Tried several times to install yosemite on intel nuc but without success. This would make my life and the lives of others much easier if someone just made a video on how to install a working yosemite OS on nuc d54350wykh. Some of us are visual learners :). Thank you in advance.

@WonkeyDonkey Could we help for Yosemite upgrade tutorial?

I will not be making any video tutorials for this. My time does not allow, and a well written guide means less errors (Subject to end user paying attention to detail) ;)

My Christmas holiday period will be starting shortly where I plan to write up a new guide for Yosemite. Yes I'm late to the party with this, but my time simply doesnt allow me to spend as much time writing and checking guides etc as I used to. I'm also heavily involved in some development work right now, so doing countless installs and reinstalls is not good.

I also was not impressed at all with the initial releases of Yosemite; I will probably time the guide with the release of 10.10.2. If anyone wants to install sooner, there are plenty of guides on the forum to get you going.

I also have no intention of using Yosemite myself on a production machine any time soon. It seems ok for retina systems, but not so great for non-retina, particularly in relation to my development work.

I've read that 10.10.2 seems more stable for WiFi. Thanks. I prefer to wait. I'm not so hurry too.

thanks for your awesome guide,

i'm confuse with this two choice.

which one should i choose,or neither?thank you.

ub43.png
Hope your can help me and thank you very much.

thanks for your awesome guide,

i'm confuse with this two choice.

which one should i choose,or neither?thank you.

View attachment 118231
Hope your can help me and thank you very much.

neither

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back