Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V1 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK)

I have 2 devices connected and tested.
  • Apple Touchpad (this one took several attempts to connect, not sure why)
  • Apple Keyboard (connected directly after typing the pairing code)

I realise its a bit of an ask, but any chance you could post an image of the one you have or a link to the ebay seller ?

I'd like to do a comparison, since I've never got it to work here.

If nothing else, it will give me a starting point to look for.

I realise its a bit of an ask, but any chance you could post an image of the one you have or a link to the ebay seller ?

I'd like to do a comparison, since I've never got it to work here.

If nothing else, it will give me a starting point to look for.

This is the seller and the card I bought. Maybe I was lucky, it was confirmed/shipped from China on the 26 Dec and I got it last week.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM943225HM...ER-/140866306186?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Good luck hunting for a working one.

This is the seller and the card I bought. Maybe I was lucky, it was confirmed/shipped from China on the 26 Dec and I got it last week.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM943225HM...ER-/140866306186?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Good luck hunting for a working one.

Thanks, I've given it a go and ordered one.

Its only cost like 5 GBP which is worth a punt I reckon.

So many cards out there with very similar names and labels. We should have a database of which ones work and which don't.

Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) Boot0: GPT error

I've been working on setting up 2 NUCs and the guide is excellent - thanks

The one issue I can't seem to understand why its happening on both systems is the 4K sector boot error that usually happens on larger drives. ie., boot0: GPT , boot0: test, boot0:error and so on. The easy fix is to just use the 4K boot sector guide here on Tonymac (yes that works) - but , how can I prevent it from a clean install using your NUC guide?

The internal mSata drives are only 240GB (Crucial & Intel brands) both NUCs have the same issue.

Again, I know how to fix , but want to better understand how to avoid .

I have double checked all Bios settings (many thanks for the screen grabs - so helpful) and have done the install several times .

thanks

I've been working on setting up 2 NUCs and the guide is excellent - thanks

The one issue I can't seem to understand why its happening on both systems is the 4K sector boot error that usually happens on larger drives. ie., boot0: GPT , boot0: test, boot0:error and so on. The easy fix is to just use the 4K boot sector guide here on Tonymac (yes that works) - but , how can I prevent it from a clean install using your NUC guide?

The internal mSata drives are only 240GB (Crucial & Intel brands) both NUCs have the same issue.

Again, I know how to fix , but want to better understand how to avoid .

I have double checked all Bios settings (many thanks for the screen grabs - so helpful) and have done the install several times .

thanks

Not quite sure why this is happening. I've not seen it on my SSD at all here.

The boot files from Chameleon should take care of this I think.

Have you used Chimera at any point ?

BIOS update 0023.
Fixed issue with random USB loss.

Not quite sure why this is happening. I've not seen it on my SSD at all here.

The boot files from Chameleon should take care of this I think.

Have you used Chimera at any point ?
I had the exact same issue, I think that you are on to something there. I started out trying to get this to work with Chimera before I gave up and used Chameleon. So I think for me the issue was definitely somewhere in Chimera.

org.chameleon.boot.plist contains configuration options and boot-time flags, including the correct flag to enable our HD5000 Graphics. Screen resolution is also defined in this file, and is set by default to 1080p (1920x1080x32); if you have a different size screen the you can change this to match your screen resolution.

Could you elaberate how you found this.. I am trying to get the video settings for the hd5200..

did you just use try different
IGPlaformID= values until one worked? how did you know you succeeded?

Thanks for the feedback...
here is my thread for the brix pro http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/122183-gigabyte-gb-bxi5-4570r-brix-pro.html

I had the exact same issue, I think that you are on to something there. I started out trying to get this to work with Chimera before I gave up and used Chameleon. So I think for me the issue was definitely somewhere in Chimera.

We use Chameleon because Chimera is known not to work at this time. I think this is described in the guide, not sure why people would use something that is confirmed as NOT working then expect it to work.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back