Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V1 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK)

Thanks for the help wonkeydonkey!

I have everything working, but I am without HDMI audio.

I've followed the steps with DPCIManager and still can't get HDMI audio to appear as an output device.

Any ideas? Everything appears to be installed correctly in "System Information" including HDMI/DisplayPort Output under Intel HD Audio. When you click on Sound within System Perfs. only internal speakers are listed for an output.

Thanks for the help wonkeydonkey!

I have everything working, but I am without HDMI audio.

I've followed the steps with DPCIManager and still can't get HDMI audio to appear as an output device.

Any ideas? Everything appears to be installed correctly in "System Information" including HDMI/DisplayPort Output under Intel HD Audio. When you click on Sound within System Perfs. only internal speakers are listed for an output.

Well since the guide was written when 10.9.2 was the latest, my crystal ball didnt stretch that far to the future.

The new version is due soon though and includes HDMI audio with brand new kext, updated methods etc. Since everything else is now working I suggest to stick with what you have for now, and await the new version.

It will be published soon.

Just a little teaser !

Still working on the new guide and all is looking good so far. 10.9.3 working very smoothly, and for anyone who doubts what this little box is capable of, Im attaching a screenshot at a massive 2560x1440 showing iTunes playing music, Firefox loaded with multiple tabs, 2 x videos playing in Quicktime Player, Sound Prefs showing the new HDMI audio working and 2 x About This Mac views loaded.

Its not even breaking a sweat.

:thumbup:

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 264

Very cool!! I noticed that the i5 is showing 2.3 ghz on the screenshot, is that a different NUC?

learjet7

Very cool!! I noticed that the i5 is showing 2.3 ghz on the screenshot, is that a different NUC?

learjet7

Very observant!

2.3 is correct because although the CPU can in theory reach 2.6 Ghz, that only happens when using a single core. Using both cores, the maximum is 2.3 Ghz.

This is the reason why we only ever saw the p-states go to 2.3 using the original guide too.

Technically, this should be set to 1.3 and not 2.3, since 1.3 is the normal speed, 2.3 is the max turbo speed with both cores enabled.

I will change this configuration in the new guide.

Hi

I would like to thank WonkeyDonkey by sharing a magnificent guide.

I own a Intel D54250WYKH, the model that supports a 2.5” sata drive, and it is working fine under 10.9.3.

The specs are as follows:

Intel D54250WYKH with latest BIOS
2.5” 256GB SSD Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series
8 GB of RAM Crucial CT102464BF160B
DELL Display U2414H
DELL AC511 sound bar --> Working OOB
Sleep, shutdown, reboot --> Working
e1000 driver 3.0.4 version (from Mavericks Multibeast 6.2.2 version)

* Resolved Issues:
Black Screen issue --> The NUC did not boot properly and the bios was not being shown, employing the mini display port to display port cable provided by the brand of the monitor. As a workaround, I employed a Mini HDMI to HDMI cable and by now is working without any issues.

(Update) * Intel VT for directed I/) (VT-d) Enabled: Just add <key>Kernel Flags</key<string>dart=0</string> in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Kind regards,
Smoc

Hi

I would like to thank WonkeyDonkey by sharing a magnificent guide.

I own a Intel D54250WYKH, the model that supports a 2.5” sata drive, and it is working fine under 10.9.3.

The specs are as follows:

Intel D54250WYKH with latest BIOS
2.5” 256GB SSD Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series
8 GB of RAM Crucial CT102464BF160B
DELL Display U2414H
DELL AC511 sound bar --> Working OOB
Sleep, shutdown, reboot --> Working
e1000 driver 3.0.4 version (from Mavericks Multibeast 6.2.2 version)

* Resolved Issues:
Black Screen issue --> The NUC did not boot properly and the bios was not being shown, employing the mini display port to display port cable provided by the brand of the monitor. As a workaround, I employed a Mini HDMI to HDMI cable and by now is working without any issues.

Thats good.

The new guide is based on 10.9.3 and will be posted soon :)

From what i have read there seems to be some difference in these display adaptors, some good and some bad. I suspect that some of the cheaper ones may not even have all pins wired.

I too have the 'H' model now, though am sticking with msata drive for the time being; maybe that extra space can help with air flow a bit.

Well folks, after 65 long pages of supporting this guide and over 100,000 views, its time is finally up.

This guide is now deprecated and is no longer being supported or maintained.

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed along the way!

I hope it has been as useful for you as it has for me.

A new and updated version of the guide can be found here.

See you on the other side.

W.D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back