Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V1 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK)

Successful patches as shown in the attached IOJones:
1. audio_nuc_hdmi-hd5k-azul-90_patch.command - edits Port 0x5 DP connector to HDMI
IOJones/Search IGPU (Click on triangle for child properties)
IGPU@2/AppleIntelFramebuffer@0/connector-type/<00 08 00 00>
IGPU@2/AppleIntelFramebuffer@0/port-number/0x5
2. audio_hdmi_hd5K-hda-90_patch.command- enables HD5K HDMI audio codec
IOJones/Search HDAU (Click on triangle for child properties)
HDAU@3/AppleHDAController@3/IOHDACodecDevice@3,0/IOHDACodecVendorID/80862807

Try this, it worked for me

Open Chameleon Wizard go to modules tab and tick fileNVRAM.dylib then Apply and reboot

You're free to use NVRam.dylib of course; I decided to leave it out for 2 reasons:

1. Its not essential to having our NUC up and running.
2. Its generates messages in the system log that I don't like to see.

It is down to personal taste obviously. The other thing I like to do with a hack is this; I go through all the hardware setup and then examine the system logs. My point to aim for is removing all, or as many as possible, of the error / warning messages. At the moment with Mavericks, there are a couple of messages that seem consistent such as unknown CPU type and SMCInitHelper. But everything else I've managed to eliminate.

I feel getting rid of those error / warnings is a good starting point to aim for with the guide, and is a good foundation for you to build upon further and customise. There are certainly a lot of warnings in the logs compared to previous versions of OSX; I still miss the snowy days lol

Anyhow, thats a little background info for ya and why I decided not to include the nvram file setup.

:thumbup:

Good work WonkeyDonkey, really.

I spent about one hour with your tutorial and my Nuc works with audio.

I have two questions:

1. My Nuc is HTPC and stay in livingroom and I going to run XBMC on OSX Mavericks but any version of XBMC don't work (can't run XMBC, after run app, icon splash in Doc and XBMC quit, I don't known why).

Solved: I installed new version XBMC v13 (Gotham, in newest beta version), XBMC v12.2 (Frodo) still don't work.

2. Intel NUC D54250WYK have a IR receiver. I have a few IR remote controls and I going to use that devices to control XBMC. Is any method to use IR port in OSX?

Regards
robbie

Good work WonkeyDonkey, really.

I spent about one hour with your tutorial and my Nuc works with audio.

I have two questions:

1. My Nuc is HTPC and stay in livingroom and I going to run XBMC on OSX Mavericks but any version of XBMC don't work (can't run XMBC, after run app, icon splash in Doc and XBMC quit, I don't known why).

Solved: I installed new version XBMC v13 (Gotham, in newest beta version), XBMC v12.2 (Frodo) still don't work.

2. Intel NUC D54250WYK have a IR receiver. I have a few IR remote controls and I going to use that devices to control XBMC. Is any method to use IR port in OSX?

Regards
robbie

Good job Robbie,

Thats quite helpful as it lets me know the guide is doing its job :)

Regarding IR, I have mine enabled but it doesnt show at all in OSX. As i remember, IR on a real mac shows up in the USB device list. I think it might be possible to get IR working by use of either a DSDT edit, a custom kext, or a combination of both.

I have searched around but found very little regarding IR on a hackintosh.

Sadly my limited knowledge of DSDTs doesn't extend to enabling IR devices.

I would, like you, love to see it working though. Even if just for completeness.

If you or anyone has any ideas regarding this, I'm more than happy to listen.

:cool:

There are a few USB solutions for IR but that kinda defeats what we have available really.

Just a little FYI, Intel have launched a new revision of this. Exactly the same specification but has a larger case to accommodate a 2.5 inch SSD drive.

Details here.

Models numbers are the same as the existing but with 'H' added to the end.

Thank you very much WonkeyDonkey for your installation guide.
It's clear, simple and efficient!

AppleHDA.kext to try. Let me know how it works for you, as I cannot test the microphone.

You need DSDT - patched with Toledas patch for HDMI (layout 1 - as usual). This should still give HDMI but I hope also gives audio for you from the headphones - this is the only thing I have been able to test and it works for me. The sys preferences also change from "Internal speaker" to "Headphones" when the headphone jack is inserted.

Attachments

• inputs.png
    inputs.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 128
  • outputs.png
    outputs.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 162
  • sysprofiler.png
    sysprofiler.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 166
  • AppleHDA.kext 2.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 96