Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V1 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK)

Thanks for the great guide, will save me a lot of pain, when hardware finally arrives.

One suggestion for improvement is around your statements about copying smbios.plist to the Extras folder. I think you need to point out that serial number in the file will need to be updated, and how you you update it (something I am not sure of myself)

There is a serial number contained in the smbios.plist file. I just blanked out the one I use personally thats all.

Have anyone put any effort to see if the NUC built-in IR port is working?

Okay, so I have something for you to try.

A new DSDT based on the one posted before which worked for me before I did a re-install.
Interestingly after I re-installed and followed this guide I did get my p states working BUT found my old DSDT blocked the boot if I used it.

So I took the HDMI fixed DSDT from before, extracted the native DSDT from my new install and did a compare in text wrangler so I could apply the patches to my new installation. So I now have HDMI audio back again AND my Pstates,

All you should need to do to get HDMI audio is drop the DSDT in your extra folder and then use the frame buffer patch from Toleda which is here:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdm...audio_nuc_hdmi-hd5k-azul-90_patch.command.zip

Tip: IF this does not work for you then I suggest you extract your own native DSDT and then using Text Wrangler do a "find differences" operation on your native dsdt.dsl (extracted by Maciasl for example) and a dsl of the one I have posted. Then you simply go through and apply patches by copying them across into your own DSDT. The things NOT to copy between one DSDT and another are: anything in the preamble (i.e. the bit before the dsdt proper starts) or any statements that within an "Operation Region" statement refer to specific memory address ranges - it seems that it is those areas - that if copied from another DSDT may cause the machine to not boot.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 139

Okay, so I have something for you to try.

A new DSDT based on the one posted before which worked for me before I did a re-install.
Interestingly after I re-installed and followed this guide I did get my p states working BUT found my old DSDT blocked the boot if I used it.

So I took the HDMI fixed DSDT from before, extracted the native DSDT from my new install and did a compare in text wrangler so I could apply the patches to my new installation. So I now have HDMI audio back again AND my Pstates,

All you should need to do to get HDMI audio is drop the DSDT in your extra folder and then use the frame buffer patch from Toleda which is here:
https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdm...audio_nuc_hdmi-hd5k-azul-90_patch.command.zip

Tip: IF this does not work for you then I suggest you extract your own native DSDT and then using Text Wrangler do a "find differences" operation on your native dsdt.dsl (extracted by Maciasl for example) and a dsl of the one I have posted. Then you simply go through and apply patches by copying them across into your own DSDT. The things NOT to copy between one DSDT and another are: anything in the preamble (i.e. the bit before the dsdt proper starts) or any statements that within an "Operation Region" statement refer to specific memory address ranges - it seems that it is those areas - that if copied from another DSDT may cause the machine to not boot.

I appreciate your efforts here and like the sound of this. I will be looking into it and definitely plan to add it to the build guide as you mentioned before. :D

Are you able to confirm exactly which patches you applied to it, because in the future as bios versions change then people will naturally want to roll their own. Its usually the case of applying the same set of patches to the newer extracted raw DSDT file. There are a lot of generic patches out there and my knowledge of DSDTs doesn't extend to being able to see whats been applied and what hasn't.

I just had a quick peek, and there are 69 warnings and 1 error. The error is :

Code:
Line 68, Code 6074, Name already exists in scope (_sb_.PCI0.PEG0)

Thats with ACPI 5.0.

If I switch it to 4.0 there are a long list of errors.

Thats with MacIASL Version 1.3.

A small suggestion for the guide.

It is not really important for everyone to set bios settings the same as you have them and to go through every screen. But it is important that if someone is on the default bios settings that they should go and un-tick the Vt-d setting as that thing is ticked by the standard settings, so it does need to be adjusted. Everything else, as standard, when you do a "load defaults" is okay.

Hope this makes sense…….

A small suggestion for the guide.

It is not really important for everyone to set bios settings the same as you have them and to go through every screen. But it is important that if someone is on the default bios settings that they should go and un-tick the Vt-d setting as that thing is ticked by the standard settings, so it does need to be adjusted. Everything else, as standard, when you do a "load defaults" is okay.

Hope this makes sense…….

Yep, totally, I will add this one. :thumbup:

Edit : Added to the guide in bios recommendations bit at the beginning.

I had some weirdness with the DSDT but it seems to have worked out now.

First time, it wouldn't compile because there was an error, as mentioned a few posts back.

I then tried it again and it worked. It showed some warnings but no errors, so I have compiled and installed it.

The HDMI part looks a success. I see the changes in System Profiler (Additional audio device of 'Intel High Definition Audio'), as seen here :

77088-sysinfo-hdmi.jpg

And also in Sound preferences (Now shows 2 audio devices instead of one) :

77087-audio-hdmi.jpg

I have no HDMI device available here.

Minihack, is this fully working with your HDMI ? If so we can add it to the guide with your permission.

:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, I confirm fully working - both ports.

I also spent a little time working on the warnings and remarks - here is one now that compiles cleanly.

I am not great at writing patches for maciasl (and the error parts were solved by SJ_underwater anyway so the new stuff is just all the warnings/remarks), but when I get a little time I will go back and document.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 148

Yes, I confirm fully working - both ports.

I also spent a little time working on the warnings and remarks - here is one now that compiles cleanly.

I am not great at writing patches for maciasl (and the error parts were solved by SJ_underwater anyway so the new stuff is just all the warnings/remarks), but when I get a little time I will go back and document.

The results are looking much cleaner there, but for a single error message :

77093-maciasl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back