Graphics
RX 6900 XTXH
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

I've been trying to install Yosemite on my Hackintosh for a couple of hours now, without any result..

Unibeast:
Gets stuck about 33% through loading the install screen. (Fails to get to install screen)
I have tried -x, maxmem=4096 and both GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes

Clover:
Same.. Gets stuck about 33% through loading the install screen. (Fails to get to install screen)

System Specs:
Intel i7 4790K
GA-Z97x-UD5-BK (Firmware F6)
RAM: 32GB Ballistix 1866 MHZ (4x8)
Installer Drive: Sandisk Ultra 64GB USB 3.0
Install Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
I have another drive in the build which has windows 8 installed.. don't know if it matters.

In bios i have loaded optimised settings and disabled VT-d

What can i do?

These are the screenshots i experience...
1: No bootflags
2: -V Verbose mode
3: -X safe mode
IMG_1322.jpgIMG_1324.jpgIMG_1323.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 114
Remove the 970, install with onboard GFX, install Nvidia Web drivers, reinstall the 970.

Try boot with nv_disable=1

Remove the 970, install with onboard GFX, install Nvidia Web drivers, reinstall the 970.

I forgot to mention that i have not yet put the 970 in... So what else could it be...

Try boot with nv_disable=1

The weird thing is that i have before been able to get pass the installer when i was installing mac os x on a test drive before getting my SSD.

Since i have gotten my SSD i have also been able to get pass and install Yosemite once, but that install didn't go as expected (wrong Multibeast setting, so could boot)... Every install since leaves me with errors or stuck load bars...

I have also tried removing all my other drives from the build, and try the install with only the installer usb and the sad plugged in... still no luck.

Don't know if this matters but i also have my TP-LINK WDN4800 plugged in, which wasn't a problem before so i dont suspect it to be it now.

Now this is really frustrating me :-X:banghead:!!

I have tried to remove my SSD and try the install on a HDD, but still the same.. It doesn't look like to be a problem with my drives but rather the installer that isn't even loading up!

Guys please help me.. This is my first Mackintosh install using Yosemite.. i have never experienced this many problems while hackintoshing.... Something is clearly wrong and i have no idea what it is.

I have also removed 3 of my ram stick so i am left with only one 8gb ram stick (Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Sport 1866MHZ)

Just got to the install screen using Clover... The only thing that is different now is that i plugged all my drives in the motherboard (1x SSD 3x HDD) and used the HDMI port on the motherboard instead of the VGA output.. Don't know why this makes a difference.

i am following clover instructions from http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...gb-corsair-vengenance-ram-evga-gtx-760-a.html since we have nearly identical builds..

I think you should plug all RAM off except only 1 stick on board. After installation and setup of MultiBeast then plug the RAMs back on board.

It's likely your issue is the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back